Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

paying towards having moggies spayed?

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by donna81, Aug 12, 2009.

1. donna81

donna81 PetForums Member

hi my cats had kittens almost 4 weeks ago, im quite lucky as ive managed to find homes for all three litters, alomost all of the kittens will be staying on the same street though as they are going to my friends who are close neighbours.
    All the kittens are related as the mums are sisters.And im a bit worried that as they get older the kittens will end up getting each other pregnant.which although im no expert, im assuming isnt a good idea.
    So Ive told my friends that when the kittens are old enough i will pay half the cost of having them speyed/neutered seeing as they are helping me out by giving the kittens loving permenant homes.
    My OH thinks this is silly seeing as im not charging anything for the kittens, what should i do??

i took on my 3 cats when they were pregnant and its been hard work and scary at times. i know that once the kittens leave they will no longer be my responsibility but i do still feel slightly responsible for their welfare.And by offering to pay half towards the cost of speying/neutering it will ensure that they are all done at the earliest opportunity and it will save the babies having babies while they are too young.:confused:

2. Biawhiska

Biawhiska PetForums VIP

Up to you but why can't the new owners pay? If they can't afford to spay/neuter then why are they even having a kitten :confused:

3. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

Not sure how much spaying is where you live but at my vets its only £29 & at the mo they are doing a deal for £20 for a cat!

Also on benefits some do it for free or help out.

Even if they were freinds Id give them a contract to spay them!

4. Faerie Queene

Faerie Queene PetForums Member

My cats were neutered by the local vet, using the £5 voucher scheme run by The Cat's Protection League.
    It is NOT means tested.

5. kiara

kiara PetForums VIP

hi, if you ring uo your local cats protection league they should be able to provide you with FREE yellow neutering vouchers. this is how all my rescues are neutered. if you speak to your vet he may agree to have them neutered early if you explain the situation. x

6. GSDlover4ever

GSDlover4ever PetForums VIP

i spoke to a PDSA vet yesterday and he stated that they charge £13 for a mle to get nuetered and £18 for a female - :eek: i thought wow what a bargin!

7. princessx87

princessx87 PetForums Senior

WOW.....I'm living in the wrong area lol

I had 4 cats to spay and it cost me 65.00 per cat!

8. ruthmcnally

ruthmcnally PetForums Member

If you phone your local rspca and explain that you have homes for the kitties and that you want to get them done, ask them if you could get some vouchers so that you can get them done, make a point of saying that you cannot afford to have them done thay should help.

xx

9. ebonymooncats

ebonymooncats PetForums Junior

yes cats protectio should be able to help with the costs for strays or if the new owners are on benifets ect, they will send you the forms if you ring them

10. babybelle

babybelle Guest

I agree they should pay for it, seeing as they are free aswell and you have put in all the work. They should give you at least a donation.

11. kitties

kitties PetForums Senior

12. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

Yes you can just ask the vet, you can have them tested for anything :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice