Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Paws&Claws......yet another :(

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by niki87, May 1, 2011.

1. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

A few months ago the very lovely Argent (sorry was NOT thinking earlier cos I was so annoyed....the lovely Paws&Claws helped me with a rabbit rescue.....sorry Argent!!!!!!!!!!!!!) helped me rescue Bijou, my gorgeous female rat along with her 14 babies...the ones born in a dirty nappy!

Well the B**** is at it again....£45!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is also gving away a female mouse! I genuinely HATE these people :(

#1 niki87, May 1, 2011
    Last edited: May 1, 2011
  2. purple_x

purple_x PetForums VIP

oh that's horrible :(
    Why do people have pets when they are going to be so irresponsible, it makes me so mad.
    I dread to think where these little ones will end up :(

3. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

If you can get them for free then I may be able to foster them for a while. I've got a few spare cages and a good vet.

4. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

Oh my that's just disgusting:mad:
    I hope someone can get these poor rats away from this irresponsible piece of **** without paying a penny to them:mad:

5. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

I know....it makes me very angry...as you can probs tell :eek:

I can try get them but I had to pay for the others :( in which lies my problem!

6. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

Maybe try getting them for as little as possible. You could say that a pair of rats from P@H costs £12, and that's all you need if you want a litter of babies. £45 would by 6 rats, so if you got a male and 5 females then you could have loads of babies for very little money.

7. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

I can pm you the link if you like....cos she will know me.....or I will copy and paste that reply into my email to her...if you don't mind?

8. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

the problem is, giving any form of payment to this obviously unpleasant character is just encouraging them to do it all over again:(
    If anyone does go ahead with getting these rats then maybe negotiate a cage for a small sum & get the rats for free?
    One less cage for them may mean one less unscrupulous litter born

9. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

That's fine, but I only have a free account on Preloved so if the ad is less then 7 days old I can't reply. Also, should I say a 'friend' is picking them up, and I have a feeling I'm quite a long way from you?

10. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

I know I regret payingpast time...but thn again they survived! It's the hardest thing about these cases...but I totally agree...the more money she gets from these then the more she will allow to happen. Last time she basically made out it was an accident.

PMed you!

11. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

Thanks, I've sent her a text asking if she's still got them.

12. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

The lowest she'll drop to is £32. I'm not happy paying that for a BYB litter, even if I get 15 rats! I've said me piece about getting 2 rats for £12 and breeding them myself, so does anyone else have any bright ideas?

13. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

has she said a cage is included? Depending on the cage it might be worth that price
    anyone with half a heart surely wouldn't sell a mum & litter without their cage :(

14. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

Doubt it is.

Snippet I have no idea. Maybe say it's going to cost you so much amount to buy a cage. You have a lot of experience with rats and therefore offer the best possible home. But I am clutching at straws...for they don't seem to be bothered!

15. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

I've asked if a cage comes with them. Just waiting for a text back. If it doesn't then I'll pull out the having to buy a new cage card.

16. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

Just got a text back. Yes, they do come with a cage. She said it's a medium sized cage. What do people on here think?

17. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

medium is a vague description, an actual picture or the name/dimensions of the cage would be helpful, maybe you could say £30 cash, for the cage & equipment?

18. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

She wants £45 for the cage and £32 for the mum and litter. I'm sorry, but there is no way I will pay that for these rats. If someone else would like to try then I'll PM you the link.

19. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

I would but I have no way of getting there to get them even if I could persuade her :(
    That's outrageous!

20. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

I know. I've sent her a message saying that I will not pay that for these rats, and she didn't seem all that fussed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice