Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Paw Cream

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Miss.PuddyCat, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

The past few times Ive taken Sophie out she has started to limp or hold up one leg and refuse to move and Ive had to carry her home and wash her paws because people are chucking so much Salt on the ground and snow that its been burning her feet :( The look all red and sore.

So today we took her to the big pet store and were trying boots on her, but her legs are so short in the front we couldnt get boot to stay on but they would her back legs :confused:

So I remembered reading on here someone talking about a wax you can put on her paws to stop snow from sticking and salt. It says its good for hot pavement too.

Its called First Aid Nutri Vet Pad Guard 2 oz for 9.99. Hopefully itll work cause she loves jumping around in the snow the a bunny.

So thanks to who ever mentioned it cause I remembered to ask. Saw someone pay 40$ for a pair of booties, was to nervous to say something.

2. sskmick

sskmick PetForums VIP

When my dogs paws have been injured I have used baby socks and hold them up with surgical tape (on the top of the sock). My dog is a Staffie. We used larger baby socks for my Aunt's GSD.

Not sure socks would protect her from the salt burns. Can you walk on the grass verge or places where people haven't used salt.

Poor girl it must be very sore.

3. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

We have though about sock but the straps on the boots didnt seem to work cause of her long hair you could get it tight enough and her legs are short in the front.

Not really I live in a city and the closet open area is about 5 minutes down the road at a school, Id have to carry her there and back but hopefully this wax stuff will help.

the salt is in piles theres that much on the sidewalks :confused:

4. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Try "Shaws Paw Wax", protects paws and prevents slipping, it helps prevent damage from gravel, asphalt, ice, snow and roads treated with salt. Just rub a thin smear on all pads each day.

You can get it from Pets @ Home.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice