UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following on from DoodlesRule thread... (didnt want to hijack it!)

Do you have have any pics from different generations of your family which show how much they look alike?

DRs thread reminded me of a pic of dad that looked so much like a pic of my son, that I had posted it on MySpace back in 2007 (I just wracked my brains to remember my login details!) :D

·
Registered
7,036 Posts
blimey yes - eyes ears and smile, they are so much alike

(I wouldn't mind a highjack by the way just love photies :D)

Repeating mine here then - my old da ( he is 82 now) and some of his brothers taken in around 1934 plus my son when he was about 2 so would be around 1988

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
29,643 Posts
Just found a pic on FB of my dad and Jake - this was May 2011 at my dads 60th - they are even standing the same way (yeah my dad never grew up, he is the oldest rocker in town :lol: )

Your dad = my new hero:thumbup:

·
Registered
7,036 Posts
Just found a pic on FB of my dad and Jake - this was May 2011 at my dads 60th - they are even standing the same way (yeah my dad never grew up, he is the oldest rocker in town :lol: )

What a brilliant pic, just makes you grin from ear to ear its really lovely :D

Most of my photos of gregsy and his grandad are in old format so will have to rummage around to find them. Huge generation gap between my boy and his grandad but my son absolutely adores him, taught him to ride a bike about the countryside, cars, history everything male really. His own dad never really figured in his life so my dad played a huge part in making him the lad he is

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Eek :eek::yikes: Curse you McW! You should be banned! ;) I now have to sort through my treasure chest of pics to find the pic of me as a baby and eldest son
with an uncanny likeness and scan it into PC! (Maybe tomorrow now- old slosha that I am!) The weird thing is my parents divorced when I was 6 and we moved house about 13 times, so Mum didn't keep any old photos of us. When my dad first came to visit us when I was 30 + he brought all the baby and child photos of us and that was the first time I realised how alike we were.

·
Registered
7,036 Posts
I never thought my boy looked like me till I went to his school open night when he was 11 at secondary school - at infant/junior school had known the teachers for ever, some knew from childhood. Went to first open night at secondary school and started to say hello I am xxxx xxxxxx mum and every teacher, who I had never met before, said you don't have to say who you are just have to look at you and know whose mum you are! Poor devil :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.