Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

parvo virus

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by rosie2012, Sep 23, 2013.

1. rosie2012

rosie2012 PetForums Newbie

hi has anyone had a puppy with parvo, and has it pulled through? my puppy just been rushed in with it and i'm devastated

2. Fluffaluff

Fluffaluff PetForums Member

Oh my :( I really hope your little baby pulls through :frown:

3. ellenlouisepascoe

ellenlouisepascoe PetForums VIP

I didn't want to read and run however I know nothing about Parvo and have no experience with it.

Just wanted to let you know you and your pup are in my thoughts :) I have my fingers and toes crossed for you :) x

Our of interest where in the UK are you from? As knowing where outbreaks are can be helpful to other dog owners

4. pogo

pogo PetForums VIP

Yes i know almost a whole littler that caught parvo and they are survived, so i do hope your pup is ok :)

5. danielled

danielled Guest

My dog hasn't had it but I know one that has and he survived and I's now best friends with my boy. The whole his litter caught it only one puppy died, mum got it but she survived too. Hope your puppy pulls through.

6. jenny armour

jenny armour PetForums VIP

its an awful illness for the dog altho I haven't had experience of it, I think the quicker you get your pup to the vet, the more chance of survival. there is an awful lot of outbreaks in the uk right now. in my town there has been three deaths in the last few days. altho my pup is vaccinated, I am still using disinfectant to clean the soles of my shoes and the floor where the shoes have been. has to be a disinfectant, obviously that will treat parvo

7. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

I have known puppies that have pulled through. It is viral so has to run its course, there is no actual cure or treatment as such, but with quick supportive theraphy they have been known to pull through.

One of the main dangers is because of the vomiting and diarrhoea pups can get dehydrated, so a big part of the supportive theraphy is staying in the vets and being put on intravenous fluids.

To protect them from secondary bacterial infection often antibiotics are also given through the drip too. I think they are usually given anti sickness and anti diarrhoea drugs too sometimes, either as injections or through the IV.

He is in the nest place to give him a chance as he will be closely monitored and be able to have all the supportive medication and intensive care that he needs to give him the best possible chance.

Really hoping your little one pulls through and is strong enough to fight it with the help he is getting.

8. K9Rescue

K9Rescue PetForums Junior

Hi yes, we work in Bulgaria, where parvo is rife amongst the street pups, and we take in parvo litters, and have a very high success rate.

Alongside traditional vet care, we also give supportive care using a product called PARVAID together with Colloidal Silver Water plus Grapefruit Seed Extract - and the whole method combined is incredibly successful. If you would like more information about the supportive care, please message me!

Fingers crossed for your pup.

Michelle x

9. Hanwombat

Hanwombat I ♥ dogs with eyebrows !!

Hope your pup is okay!

10. Meezey

Meezey Slave to the Black & Tans and the Trundle Bugs.

Op I hope your puppy is okay, I have heard of a lot of people with dogs with Parvo and they have pulled through, I hope all is well with your puppy please keep us posted..

There is a twitter page and also a fb Parvo Alert Page for it, it's RIFE in the UK atm.

https://twitter.com/ParvoAlert

https://www.facebook.com/ParvoAlert?ref=ts&fref=ts

11. ellenlouisepascoe

ellenlouisepascoe PetForums VIP

Thank you Meezey, I'm in ultra worry mode having a pup in the house and Parvo creeping closer to where I live

12. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

Hope your puppy pulls through, it seems parvo is rife at the moment, i have heard of a large number of cases in Essex recently.

13. archiesmum

archiesmum PetForums VIP

Archie my English Springer had parvo when he was 8 weeks old after a week at the vets he came home and made a full recovery. He is now 7 years old and very healthy.

Hope your pup makes a full and quick recovery.

Val xx

14. thedarkknight105

thedarkknight105 PetForums Newbie

Hi!
    I have seen many many many cases of parvo, as I work at a Vets and I deal first hand in caring for inpatient animals that have or are suspected of having Parvovirius.

Has your dog been confirmed as having parvo, or is it just suspected??

I have seen dogs pull through from this horrible disease with around the clock care, and the highest survival rate is when it is caught early. But I have also seen dogs pass away because it was caught late.

I hope your puppy pulls through!!!

15. Kingo

Kingo PetForums Junior

took our Poppy to the vets tonight, so asked if they had hear of any cases, they only had 1 case report to them, however she did say that the PDSA in Bootle Liverpool are seeing cases every day

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice