Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Parvo outbreak W Yorkshire

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by dexter, May 11, 2011.

1. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

I have just heard there is a Parvo virus outbreak in the Yorkshire area. At least seven dogs have died or have been pts at just one veterinary surgery within the last few days.

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Do you know where abouts in West Yorkshire? Im in Huddersfield is it near there? My two are vaccinated could they still get Parvo? Sorry to fire loads of questions :eek:.

3. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

Wakefield area , apparently.

4. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Oooh thats a bit close for comfort :(, *searches ebay for doggy sized bubbles to put Bella and Henrick in*

5. Don't want to scaremonger but I was told by someone a while back that there was a new strain of parvo that the innoculations do not prevent anyway, TBH did not pay much attention to this and dunno if it's poppycock or what. I did try and check it out later though and thought that is were in the US that this new strain had been identified but really do not know for sure but if anyone does know or has heard the same would be interested in learning more .

6. Steff

Steff PetForums Junior

I volunteer at a vets in Kent once a week and they have had alot of Parvo dogs in lately :(

7. Blondie

Blondie PetForums VIP

Be interesting to know how many sufferers were vaccinated.

Really rough on those in the vicinity though. :(

8. paşa's mummy

paşa's mummy PetForums Member

ive just rung my vets to see if they have heard anything about a new strain of parvo but they havent, just said to watch out for d&v and they should be ok cos they're up to date with their vacs. dogs mother if you find a bubble big enough can you let me know so i can get one two :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice