Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

part time Walker

Discussion in 'Dog Walking' started by Deab betts, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Deab betts

Deab betts PetForums Newbie

Hi there. I've decided I want to go down to 3 days a week at work. But I could do with a little bit of extra income. What's everybody's thought on me being able to work just 2 days a week dog walking, I mean it there a market for it? I'm quite happy to offer pet sitting and dog boarding as well.
    Many thanks!

2. Darrell Jones

Darrell Jones PetForums Member

I have dogs that I only walk on specific days of the week, so there is a market out there but I find some times the owners of the dogs I walk on specific days will sometimes change their walking days last minute. I dog walk 5 days a week, so I'm able to accommodate last minute changes. Also, bear in mind you'll need to be licensed to offer home boarding.

Maxine67 and Deab betts like this.
  3. Deab betts

I have toyed with the idea of doing it full time but for now 2 or 3 days a week would suit me. I'm okay with 2 or 3 dogs a day to be honest.

4. Darrell Jones

It could take you a while to build up to 2 or 3 dogs a day. It has taken me best part of 9 months to get my clients built up and my Mondays & Fridays are quiet days. Sometimes I have no dogs on these days.

Deab betts likes this.
  5. Deab betts

6. Deab betts

Is there any reason why Monday and Friday are quiet? I've not given it much thought on what days would be busy etc.

7. JRB123

JRB123 PetForums Member

I’m not sure but I’m wondering if Monday’s and Fridays are when workers who do flexi time or who can work from home may choose Monday or Friday to work from home? My husband tends to work from home on Fridays

8. Maxine67

Maxine67 PetForums Member

My busiest days tend to be mid week, it was Weds and Thurs for a long time but it has now spread out a little to Tues,Weds and Thurs - mainly due to me asking clients if I could move them to other days, as it was gettng to a point where I was struggling to fit everyone in on Weds and Thursday! Monday is quiet and Friday can vary from quiet to busy!

9. Darrell Jones

Many people have Friday's & Monday's off or home work

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice