Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Part time dogsitting on top of college - taxes?!

Discussion in 'Animal Jobs & Working with Animals' started by flapmid, Oct 9, 2018.

1. flapmid

flapmid PetForums Newbie

Hello:) I'm in college doing on an animal care course and have been offered to do dogsitting for some family friends. I was wondering if I am supposed to register for anything or do anything about taxes? I have a friend that does freelance work which is basically what I do, and he had to register as self employed and tell the government what he made that year. do I have to do something like that? I've looked at this salary calculator I found and it says I won't pay any tax (income-tax.co.uk). so surely I shouldn't need to register because I won't be paying any taxes anyway? I don't know how it works and could use some help, any advice will be appreciated greatly!!

Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice