Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

PARENTS! HELP! scooter help please!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by billyboysmammy, Jun 4, 2010.

1. billyboysmammy

billyboysmammy PetForums VIP

My kids have new (blimmin expensive) scooters for their birthdays from their great grandfather.

They will be wanting to ride them to school.

Any ideas of some sort of secure locking device i can use to make sure they wont get stolen?

Its a fairly affluent area, and they will be within the school grounds, but ive known other parents have their new bikes/scooters swapped for older used ones :mad:, and others stolen outright.

any thoughts?

2. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

you mean like a bike chain and padlock :D

3. billyboysmammy

billyboysmammy PetForums VIP

:lol:

yeah but they could just losen it and slip it out. The fence they are chained to is awkward, and juts outwards on an angle. This means all chains have to be long, leaving someone room to manover so to speak. Hope that makes sense!

4. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

yeah it does :D hmmm you could wrap part of the chain a few times around the body of the scooter then attatch the rest to the fence maybe ?

5. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Could you get one long chain lock, wrap it very tightly around both and then to the fence? With my bike the chain was so long I had to wrap it very tightly so it couldn't get away.

Can't think of much else really :(

6. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

put your foot down and say no?

tell them to think how their grandad would feel if they took it to school and it was stolen after all that effort to get them something they would love.

7. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

If it was me............I wouldnt let my kids take theirs to school, not while the scooters are so new and expensive, thieves will clock them and know the difference between a cheap and an expensive one, and if they want them badly they will do anything to get them including taking in day time, they just dont care, and some are very crafty.

8. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

Cant think of a locking device. Cant believe peeps would steal them, thats sad. I left my sons scooter outside his school gate for a whole weekend because i forgot it and it was still there on Monday :D Saying that it was nothing special.

9. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

Do you not have bike sheds? I would prob put foot down and say no to taking them to school! How old are they? Are they old enough to take responsibility that if it gets stolen then its their own fault for taking it to school?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice