Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Panick I hate Flies!

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by umber, Jul 23, 2009.

1. umber

umber PetForums VIP

I just went to check on the litter tray in the hutch and for the 1st time in my life I saw a fly in the hutch!!!!! :eek: :eek:hmy: :cursing: Im so panicked now! I know the main things.... clean hutch, plenty of excersise buns not over weight etc. I clean out my hutch daily litter tray and any stray poohs lying around.... Clean the whole hutch out at least 2 times a week. Buns are in their at night and have a 6ft run permanantly attached to it. They also have free run of the garden all day long and when im out they have the hutch with their run!

Im just so panicked!

2. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

they'll be fine I think this warm patch has brought them out again my gardens buzzing with them, u could put a strip of fly paper along the top of the hucth where the buns cant get to it or maybe even just some double sided sticky tape, but then u have to clean the dead ones up rank

3. toddy

toddy PetForums Senior

As long as you are keeping everything clean and checking your bun daily then try not to panic.You will always get flies in the hutches but with careful management there is no reason why you cannot keep your bun perfectly healthy.

4. AmyCruick

AmyCruick PetForums VIP

I bought "cage n hutch" spray for my rabbit run and hutch once as they kept getting earwigs and spiders in there. After I used it no bugs ever returned which meant no more screaming when I cleaned them out as no spiders leapt out! I think it works for flies too.

Read the instructions carefully though as you have to air everything before you put the bunnies back in. I really recommend it though.

-x-

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice