Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pancreatitis. :/

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by 8tansox, Jun 29, 2017.

1. 8tansox

8tansox PetForums VIP

Well, Pilot has got another bout of it. He had a bout of it this time last year and spent 4 days at the vets on a drip. He came home and it took months to get his bloods back to a normal level. I DO mean months.

I took him back to the vets this morning as he'd vomited three times overnight, plus he'd dropped 1kg of weight in two weeks, and after blood tests and x-rays to ensure there wasn't a foreign body in his gut or intestine, Pancreatitis was confirmed again, with his bloods "off the scale" once more.

He is home now as he really doesn't like the vets, so we're keeping him quiet but it's difficult to make sure he has enough fluids. He's a raw fed dog so we'll be changing his diet to turkey and rabbit for the foreseeable. Fingers crossed and please send the magic vibes.

2. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Sorry to heart about Pilot and that he has had another bout of pancreatitis. Hope the new diet will do the trick and he will be feeling much better soon.

3. SixStar

SixStar Banned

Poor lad. I nearly lost my big fella last summer to acute pancreatitis. Horrendous condition. I hope he's feeling better soon.

4. 8tansox

8tansox PetForums VIP

Pilot almost didn't make it last year either. It was only the fact he was so young and fit, but our vet said he'd never seen it so bad, in such a young dog. I'm hoping to God we've caught it in time to stop it getting any worse, although I have been warned he could get worse before he gets better. The vets' and emergency vets are all on standby for the week-end. Fingers crossed we won't need them.

5. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

[​IMG] Get well soon , Pilot .

6. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Get well soon Pilot!

7. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

How are things now?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice