Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

PANCREATITIS..Where to now? Need your advice pls

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Shimmy, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Shimmy

Shimmy PetForums Junior

Hi all. My Cat, being treated for diaganosed Pancreatistis, has been on presribed Hills id for 2 weeks now with no problems.
    She is due in the vets today at 4pm and hopefully all will be well. I know nothing about Hills id and fed it as I did trust my vet for this short term recovery and I had read somewhere that Hobbs mentioned to comply with vet for this short term...and I paraphrase there but that was the jist I think.

I am assuming that she cannot stay on id...or can she? I have no idea nutrionally etc, but assuming she can move off it...what is best to start with?

For 10 days before she went down with Pancreatitis I had her on Felix as good as...purely as I had run out of Zooplus stuff, plus some dry...mixed in...Encore/Applaws. Maybe, just maybe it was the Felix that triggered her Pancreatitis...who knows. Before that, she was on the following wets with some Encore mixed in..

BOZITA Tinned Chicken
    Animonda Tinned Beef combos
    Grau Gourmet, Beef with wholegrain.

My question is...providing the vet thinks she can move off the Hills id, do you think I can start feeding her the zooplus selection above, or should I use different types to avoid any potential trigger. I am definetely avoiding the Felix as that is suspect no. 1.
    Ta.

#1 Shimmy, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  2. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

Not exactly an answer to your question....but.....
    Sign up at Diabetic Cat Care as we have a very informative section on pancreatitis and supplements to help deal with it. ( Go to 'talking TR and then look for sub section called The College of Knowledge.)

3. Shimmy

Shimmy PetForums Junior

Thanks Paddyp...will take a look over there.

4. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

Oh good! Feel free to post an intro or any questions you may have. We are a forum focussed on diabetes but are as keen to prevent it with proper diet as we are to heal it with proper treatment.;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice