UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On wed i did something to my neck, no idea how though.

so thurs i go to see a very good friend who deals with putting things back in place in your back etc.
She said i'd locked my neck up good a proper both sides, so put everything back where it should be

since then ive been in agony.....down my neck on the left hand side and the pain in my head on the right is excruciating, i also have shooting pains own my left shoulder/arm and it feels like ive been punched there (that dead feeling)

Im taking at present
2 x tramadol 2 x diazepam and 2 x diclofenac

I want to go to out of hours doc at the hospital for something stronger as these are not touching the pain.....
OH says they wont have anything stronger to give me

anyone know of anything stronger they can give?

(im allergic to penicillin and codeine)

Thankyou x

·
Slave to the Hairy Hikers
12,358 Posts
You are already taking MUCH more than is safe.
thee only other rhing they could give you is morphine, but you cannot take that untill all the other painkillers are out of your system.
Get to a doctor or a hospital straight away, it sounds like something went wrong with this manipulation and you now have a trapped nerve or a slipped (or ruptured) disc.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
As the others have said you need to go to a walk in centre or hospital and the amount of medication you are taking is dangerous. Possibly go to docs next time instead of friend :(

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
The amount of medication you are taking is not dangerous but you do need to see a doctor if this amount of pain relief is not working. You need the underlying cause to be dealt with rather than just treating the symptoms.
Agreed, this isn't dangerous, please don't panic if you have read that it is.

You can see the docs as they may give you morphine etc. Also you may need an x ray or scan etc.

·
Banned
353 Posts
If you're in so much pain that those (many) painkillers aren't helping then surely the obvious thing to do is to go to the hospital? Or am I missing something?

I'd be having a good think about your OH too if he's happy for you to remain in agony.

·
Banned
19,241 Posts
Is your other half a doctor then? if not, why listen to him? I would say that your friend has moved something out of place and now it needs putting back by a qualified professional. For goodness sake, isn't this why we have the NHS; so that we don't have to take pot luck or suffer in silence?

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Id deffo go to the walk in centre or hospital, because if the pain is still there when taking that much medication, then I think you need to get to the bottom of the problem.
Also, jus for next time, I would probs go to the doctors or walk in centre first, insted of a friend.

·
Banned
4,669 Posts
Hospital, hospital, hospital. The amount of pain relief isn't dangerous but I would be concerned if you took any more alongside it. There's only so many pills the body can take! :p Even if your hubs is a doctor, I would still be inclined to take a trip to A&E and get it all X-rayed, you never know what you might have done and the neck is a very fragile piece of apparatus. Better to be safe than sorry :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have an appointment at the out of hours docs at the hospital at 2.20. I dont like docs, and will do anything to avoid them :( but my best friend has put her foot down and i am leaving in a few mins.

Dont think OH actually realises how much pain i am in and is just trying his best to make me comfy without making me go to hospital as he knows i will have a major panic attack over it :/

·
Registered
271 Posts
You need to be very carefull with pain relief, but what you are taking is not a high dose if you are in terrible pain.

I hope the Hospital can help you to get your pain under control.Once pain gets unbearable like that, you need something to break the cycle if that makes sense ? Probably some kind of opiate will the be the most appropriate route to go down.

Best wishes to you.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I have an appointment at the out of hours docs at the hospital at 2.20. I dont like docs, and will do anything to avoid them :( but my best friend has put her foot down and i am leaving in a few mins.

Dont think OH actually realises how much pain i am in and is just trying his best to make me comfy without making me go to hospital as he knows i will have a major panic attack over it :/
Make sure you explicitly tell the doc everything, especially the numbness tingling....that to me is more a worry than pain. Keep us updated please .:)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got to the hospital, was given an injection direct into my bottom (cant remember what is was tho)

Been sent home with Diazepam 5mg (double what i was on previous) and some dihydracodeine (despite being allergic to codeine LOL)
and some cream to massage into the area.

got to give it time for the swelling to go down

Pain is subsiding slowly now and hopefully will be asleep shortly :)

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Got to the hospital, was given an injection direct into my bottom (cant remember what is was tho)

Been sent home with Diazepam 5mg (double what i was on previous) and some dihydracodeine (despite being allergic to codeine LOL)
and some cream to massage into the area.

got to give it time for the swelling to go down

Pain is subsiding slowly now and hopefully will be asleep shortly :)
Ouch ! Did they say what had happened ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.