Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Painkillers or alternative relief

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tanya1989, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

Anyone take any pain killers or alternative relief on a regular basis? I'm looking for ideas to put to the Pain Clinic as I'm fed up of being off my face on morphine, diazepam and nefopam.

2. KalokiMallow

KalokiMallow PetForums Member

I'm on Diclofenac and Co-codamol daily (and Pethidine occasionally). The only thing I've found that is more effective is a TENS machine, however I was allegic to the pads so can't use it anymore. Highly recommend it though.

3. Over the counter? Or prescribed?

4. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Ive got Amitriptyline to take at night so dont need the wobbley pills then, but apart from my MBT's still have to rattle around :eek: Tens used to be good but not on metal :rolleyes: hope you get some ideas x

EDIT I have got Methocarbamol which does'nt mess me up like the diazepam did, that might be worth a shot

#4 Dally Banjo, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  5. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

Meant to say, I can't take NSAIDs :)

Prescribed. Nothing over the counter will work for me. Been there. :)

I can't take amytrip either as I am on Lithium. I used to take amytrip regularly, but when they changed me to lithium, apparently you can't take both at the same time.
    Will mention about the Methocarbamol though, never heard of that one before.

I currently take:
    900mg Lithium (at night)
    60mg x 2 Morphine Sulphate per day
    20mg x 6 Oramorph per day
    60mg x 3 Nefopam per day
    10mg x 3 Diazepam per day
    8mg x 3 Ondansetron per day
    20mg x 2 Omeprazole per day

6. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

:eek: I hope you get something sorted I doubt if I could even function on that lot, not that I do a very good job at the mo :eek: :lol: the Methocarbamol is in the same family as Diazepam I think but does'nt mess me up the same way, but still works just as well, Dihydrocodeine is good to I only take it in emergencys if Ive been doing to much :eek: x

7. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

I had acupuncture on my back and the difference was huge, the results were well just unbelieveable really
    I had constant stress pain in my right shoulder, obv nothing like what you're going through but I would recommend it to anyone
    Well I did and a woman at work who was in a car accident a few years ago and hasnt been able to sit down in one position for more than a short while since and she said its making a huge difference when the pain clinic she had been going to for years had made none

edited to add, i had the pain for 6 years, 3 sessions and i havent had it since

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice