Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pain in the bum!!

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by guineapigqueen, Jan 23, 2008.

1. guineapigqueen

guineapigqueen PetForums Senior

Not literally, lol!

A week ago today Chance, my Shar-Pei decided he would jump up onto the computer table and demolish around 8 ibupropen(sp?) could be less. I thought he had found the empty packet and was chewing it up when I came home but I found him being sick a few hours later. We phoned the vet and he said they could do more than make him be sick like he was and to keep an eye on the sick and bring him in if Chance looks ill.

Well on Friday morning we realised he had wet himself when he was asleep, phoned the vet again and without an examination he thinks it could be a UTI which could have been of the acids in the tablets. I took him in Monday and it was agreed a UTI but he did not want to give him meds due to him being sick earlier in the week.

He has been drinking a lot and peeing a lot which is expected but the little pig keeps peeing when he is excited! I have just found a wet patch at the top of the bed were the headboard is, he must have been looking out the window and saw me then pee'd because he was excited, well you can imagine me and him had some words and the matrass(sp?) has been scrubbed. Also when I was scrubbing that he went and peed in the middle of the living room floor which lucky is laminate, he had literally been out 1/2 before that.

Do you think this is phycological or medical?
    Sorry if in wrong section.
    Emma x

2. tan

tan PetForums Junior

Hey,I'm no vet and don't profess to be one but it sounds like a bit of both to me.......if his UTI has cleared,maybe go back to basic housetraining?:confused:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice