Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Paddling pools for dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by happysaz133, May 8, 2010.

1. happysaz133

happysaz133 PetForums VIP

Does anyone have a paddling pool for their dog? I know it seems a popular thing to do in America, I know lots of Americans who have proper pools just for their dogs in the Summer when its hot.

Maddy, being black, gets hot quickly, and she enjoys splashing in puddles and the sea, so I thought about getting a cheap paddling pool for her during the summer. Not talking anything fancy, just a cheapy incase she doesn't use it, I won't have wasted any money. I was thinking this...it would have to be a soft plastic one and not one of the hard plastic ones as she would be afraid of slipping and wouldnt use it. As I also puppy sit, I reckon he would like it too!

I was thinking this...
    5FT X 10" OCEAN LIFE FILL N FUN POOL *BRAND NEW* on eBay (end time 13-May-10 17:58:04 BST)

Or if any of you have any recommendations, that would be god!

2. ninja

ninja PetForums VIP

i have a kids sand-pit as the main one plus an inflatable one for when it really hot (doesnt get used to often LOL)

3. 2Hounds

2Hounds PetForums VIP

The sides look a bit flimsy on that pool and may break if any weight is put on them as the dogs jump in. Most the ones i've seen people use for dogs have been the hard plastic ones, you could use a rubber bath mat or 2 in the base to avoid slips.

I'd spotted a turtle sandpit on freecycle last summer and thought it would be a great dipping pool for the dogs, but the person never got back to me :( so i'll have to see whats in the shops this year.

4. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

err yes, i bought one for £3.50 from Asda and filled it with compost for Shorty to dig in, but she's burst it one week later! I was going to empty it and fill with water when it got warmer but there goes that plan :rolleyes: need to get another one!

i read somewher there's someone up north who has like a misting room that his huskies use in the summer, so its not that daft :)

5. happysaz133

happysaz133 PetForums VIP

I think I'll try it anyway, it has to be able to fold up and put away as my Dad will go ape :thumbup: he hates me buying more stuff for the dogs!

6. jardine

jardine PetForums Member

our dogs have plastic boat sand pits and they love them, did try a proper large pool but it got broke the first day.

7. shutterspeed

shutterspeed PetForums Senior

I had one like in the photo, but Emma refused to go in, Muffin how much she loves to be in the water, was reluctant too, stupid dogs LOL

8. Terrier Fan

Terrier Fan PetForums VIP

9. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

I have one that i have had for years and both of mine love it. (it has seen out 4 dogs so far)

I bought it from a pet superstore about 14years ago. It has a tap at the end to make emptying easy.

10. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

I bought a blow up one from Agros last year - cost about 5 quid and lasted most of the summer till bramble decided he wanted to try and bring it in the house..... Will be getting another one this year.

11. garethjones

garethjones PetForums Newbie

Good for you....

pets don't need any fancy pools...

you are on right way,,, go for a cheaper one and enjoy...

12. The one on ebay has been removed - per haps it has been sold
    But you can buy this type real cheap now = albeit they do take alot of water

[​IMG]

13. Rolosmum

Rolosmum PetForums VIP

I have just ordered the large zooplus one, so will see what it is like, our pools are used by dogs and kids, so hoping this one will fair better with the kids too!:rolleyes:

It was a lot of money, but we have got through so many cheaper ones that it is more the pain to keep going to get one!!

14. Cassia

Cassia PetForums VIP

You could get a hard plastic sandpit/paddling pool :)

15. braemarblue

braemarblue PetForums Member

Got a pool from argos (9.99) couple of month ago last time it was hot and ours was exactly the same and needed some persuasion to dip their paws so did what any good owner would do (especially after blowing 9.99 and ordered number 2 son to strip off shoes and socks and get in there with him (lol)
    :D :D also a carrot or some treat helped too;)

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice