Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

P Metalica

Discussion in 'Spiders and Inverts' started by Malmum, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

I think I've got that right, lol. I don't often post in this section, usually dogs as you can see why but I'm trying to get a P Metalica for my sons collection. I know he'd love one but they're few and far between from what he tells me. Would rather a juvenile but am open to adult/spidering too.

I know they're expensive and endangered in the wild so am not very optimistic in finding one. If anyone knows where I may be able to get one or has one for sale I'd be very grateful to hear from you.

Thanks for reading. :)

2. HerdingSnakes

HerdingSnakes PetForums Member

What age is your son?
    Poecilotheria are extremely fast and venomous and not for beginners.

Most available are captive bred and I'll be breeding my P. metallica when I find a male for her, that said, the slings will only be going to people who have lots of experience with old world Theraphosids.

3. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

It's okay, my son is 33 years old, lol. He is very aware of the venom and has a lovely set up for his T's - all in very secure, well set up environments.

Here's a couple of Vids of two of his T's.

[youtube_browser]Ye_Edm8rMHU[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]Flvogfm1mjQ[/youtube_browser]

These are not Tarantula's that he would handle anyway - for obvious reasons.

Thanks for the reply. :)

ETA - If you have a pic of your one, would love to see it, they're quite beautiful aren't they?

#3 Malmum, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  4. HerdingSnakes

HerdingSnakes PetForums Member

Sorry I haven't been around much, I don't really visit the forum any more, though I remembered to check on this thread so here's a belated reply.

Personally I prefer P. subfusca, though P. metallica aren't too bad.

Here's my girl:
    [​IMG]
    Poecilotheria metallica by HerdingSnakes, on Flickr
    I'll look for a mate for her later in spring when the weather isn't so unpredictable.

5. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

They really are stunning though aren't they? He did get one, sub adult if that's what you call them :eek: and its beautiful. He's waiting for it to shed to sex it and is hoping its a female as he knows someone with a juvenile male.

Good luck with your mating when it happens and thanks for the reply. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice