Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

P@H

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by suewhite, May 6, 2010.

1. suewhite

suewhite PetForums VIP

Just been to P@H to buy a bag of Wafcol Salmon and potato it was marked at £37.65 brought other doggie bits as you do when you go in there when I got outside noticed they"d charged me £46.25 for the Wafcol so went back in checked the price went back and said they"d over charged me and was told it was going up in price so had to pay the £46.25 not sure what my rights are as the price was special offer £37.65 can I insist on that price:confused:

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

If it was advertised at £37.65, then they have to sell it to you at that price by law.

EDIT: pop back and tell you have called trading standards. They'll soon refund you.

3. rona

rona Guest

As far as I am aware, the label should be changed before the till.

4. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

They have to sell it to you for the price that was displayed, its misleading. Go back and complain now!! xxx

5. Polimba

Polimba PetForums VIP

They don't have to sell it to you at the price on the shelf e.g. if they realised before they sold it to you that a mistake had been made they are not obliged to sell it to you at that price.

What they can't do is charge you more than advertised, which is what they did, go to Trading Standards.

#5 Polimba, May 6, 2010
    Last edited: May 6, 2010
  6. deb53

deb53 PetForums VIP

They don't have to sell it to you at the price on the shelf as this "could" have been a mistake. They can refuse to sell it at that price and withdraw from sale for 24 hours then put back on at the higher price.

Usually when this happens anywhere...the manager will sell it at the reduced price as it is a shops mistake and will sell it as a "gesture of goodwill"

If it has been advertised as being at the lower price ie on a leaflet and it does not say "at participating stores" ( an escape for some stores) and the date is still within the advertisement then yes they must sell it to you at the reduced price.

Sometimes when the offer has finished the store has not changed their tickets but overnight the higher price has been polled down to the till. Once again it is up to the manager wether he feels to sell to you as a "gesture" and keep you as a valued customer or to withdraw the product for the 24 hours (not many stores do this!!)

I would go back and see the manager and hopefully he will give you the refund but insist on dealing with the manager Hun

Good luck

7. Jasper's Bloke

Jasper's Bloke PetForums VIP

The simple answer is to speak to the store manager, although he is not obliged to sell it to you at the lower price it would be pointless for him not to.

If he refuses then simply return the item for a refund of the amount paid and take your business elsewhere.

8. GillyR

GillyR PetForums VIP

That is awful, you work in rescue, and put a lot of business there way...more than the average pet owner i would imagine....bad practise....i am pretty sure they are at fault.

9. hawksport

hawksport Banned

I bought some today from the Nottingham branch it's on offer untill the end of July £27.99. Just had to go in the bin and check the reciept

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice