Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ozzy is very quiet today ...??

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by PembrokeMadhouse, Jun 3, 2010.

1. PembrokeMadhouse

PembrokeMadhouse PetForums VIP

Ozzy is very quiet ... lying in Meg's cage asleep ... breathing normal, temperature normal, not wimpering when I press on his tummy or have a good feel all feels soft and squigy - puppy like ! ... has poo'd and wee'd several times today ... drinking and eating as normal ...

Normally I proably would be pleased that he is so quiet, but he is a 13 week old pup and a collie so those two hand in hand says he should be "alive" ....

How long do I leave it before my paranoia takes me to the vet ... (which btw is a 45 minute drive and not something to be done lightly) ...

I don't see him as "ill", just quiet .... and Meg is flat out too - could be the heat even ...

So much to worry about ... it's like having babies again!

2. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

If you're worried give the vet a ring - he might chat to you on the phone and put your mind at rest.

Hope he's ok

3. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

I am not making light of this as it could be a different reason for your dog but my pup sleeps alot and is quiet. Shes 11 weeks old and I am worried that shes quiet and sleeping alot to but it could be the weather perhaps??

4. PembrokeMadhouse

Well I left him asleep in Meg's cage and went out to the shop .... came back and he's fine, just come back from a little walk .... I think it must be the heat.

C X

5. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

Yeh we all feel lethargic in this weather :)

6. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

Glad he's okay and that you are no longer worried. Xx

7. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Oh I had the wobbles yesterday cos my old boy Cooper was struggling on his walk and I was worried it was too much....10 minutes later he'd met up with his pal and they both bombed down to the sea (down a cliff face I'll add) and were swimming out after a bird!!!:lol: He did that for 10 minutes, then came back to me and did his ancient old man trick again...I was having none of it that time!!! :lol:

8. PembrokeMadhouse

Even at the tender age of 13 weeks he has me wrapped around his little paws .... he's crashed out again now!

C x

9. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Aww I know how you feel. I think the heat gets to them at times. It knocked Heidi for six when it first arrived. The week before I had been wearing my winter coat and suddenly we were plunged into the tropics:eek: She really wasnt herself and like you, I watched her like a hawk, ready to ring the vet at any moment but a couple of days later, she had adapted and was back to her usual self.

Hope Ozzy has got to grips with it now :thumbup:

10. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

I am like you, i hate it when they lie around doing nothing as i think 'they are dying'!! Maybe a little paranoid!! :eek: ;) :D But after all i have been through with Logan i think i am entitled to be! Like you say it is like having a baby all over again! :lol: :lol:

Blade was sick at 10am this morning and very quiet, i am putting it down to the heat and the need for worming again! Phoned the vets and they just said keep and eye on him and feed little and often. Then worm in a day or so. :thumbup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice