Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ozzie's gone :-(

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Bellarina, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Bellarina

Bellarina PetForums Member

So sad tonight. My gorgeous boy Oscar has been gone 24 hours which is totally out of character for him.

I've had cats go missing before, one for 2 weeks once which was just awful. But Ozzie is epileptic and has gone way too long without medication now. He could probably last till morning but after that I don't think things will look to good for him :-(

2. Dante

Dante PetForums VIP

We just get one back and another goes.. :(
    So sorry to hear this.

Come on home Oscar, don't keep Mummy worrying

xx

3. Sparkles87

Sparkles87 PetForums Senior

Aww no, I don't know what to say other than I'm really sorry to hear this. You must be so worried.

Thinking of you and really hope he comes home to his mum tonight.

Hugs

Sparkles
    xx

4. Bellarina

Thank you. He is such a gorgeous boy and I can't bear to think of him suffering. His epilepsy is so well controlled but to go so long without his medication is going to be awful for him. We live a long way from the road so I don't think he's been run over or anything. Time really is running out though.

5. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Fingers crossed for you - hope he turns up soon X

6. KathrynH

KathrynH Guest

oh no i am praying that he comes home soon, have you asked all your neighbours etc. xx

7. Bellarina

Thank you, we don't really have many neighbours but we have asked the few we have. He's never gone off before. We have been having problems with a neighbours cat terrorising ours but Ozzie is so laid back I can't imagine him letting that cat run him off, but I really can't think why else he would have gone.

8. KathrynH

KathrynH Guest

aww bless very strange if it is out of character for him, i hope he comes home tonight hun xx

9. Ally-Kats

Ally-Kats PetForums VIP

Oh no not another gone awol, I do hope Ozzie is ok and returns soon, fingers crossed.

10. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

So sorry to read about Ozzie.Have you tried your local radio station to ask if they would,because of the special circumstances re his epilepsy,put out a plea to listeners to keep a look out for him.Some will not normally do this ,but may be persuaded by his health condition.Fingers crossed you get him home safe and well.

11. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Do hope he comes home soon for you :(

12. Cavalierlover123

Cavalierlover123 PetForums VIP

It must be the time of the month for cats to wander :p Hope he returns soon, and everything is okay !! ((( HUGS )))

13. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

Yep :( Think Dante is referring to a little puss we've all had our hearts set on - Eric.

Can't find the thread but I'm sure someone will link you to 'How far will he go?' by Pinkfluffyballs.

I think it might give you a bit of hope and we're all thinking of you

Lots of hugs

Em
    xx

14. Bellarina

Thank you all. I think as the weather gets warmer they tend to stay out a bit more, and if it was any of the others although I would be worried it wouldn't be a life or death situation at this point, but for Oz it really is.

It has only just occured to me - although it's too late for now, can you get alerts attached to his microchip? So if he was found and taken to a vets when they scanned him a medical alert would come up and they would help him immediately?

If/when he comes back that will be the very first thing I do if it's possible! I'm keeping everything crossed that when I get up he's in his favourite spot which is lying full length accross my bedroom door.

15. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

16. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

paws and fingers crossed here that your little one will be back safe with you very soon. x

17. Bellarina

I will have a read of that now. Just trying to put a pic of Oscar & Toby on. Not sure if I've done it tho.

Attached Files:

18. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Its worked just fine.What a beautiful striking boy.Hope you have good news soon.

19. Marley boy

Marley boy PetForums VIP

he is so sweet, I really hope he comes back soon. Have you tried walking up and down the road shaking cat biscuits and calling his name in that silly high pitched voice we use when calling our cats? that usually works. Ozzie come home :(

20. Bellarina

We've been out calling him, even sent Toby on the hunt for him. Had to give up for tonight. Although the cat flap is staying open tonight so he can come in if he comes back.

We will start again in the morning and start ringing vets, council etc. Can't believe this is happening. Life really sucks at the moment, just can't bear to lose Ozzie aswell.:(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice