Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Owners of small dogs outside weather.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Miss.PuddyCat, May 4, 2011.

1. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

How do you guys get your dogs to walk when its cold outside.

Weve had really up and down weather lately. The lowest Sophie seems to be able to withstand and run around comfortable with is 20 anything colder and she shakes and refuses to move.

We got a coat for her but that doesnt seem to help.

Any ideas, it just makes potty training hard.

2. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

I know how she feels :lol:

Bumby hasn't ever really minded the cold but he wont go out in the rain except for the loo.

Could you try more layers on her? Or maybe even dog boots if she doesn't like her paws cold?

Em
    xx

3. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

Bella won't do rain either, like Bumby! ONly goes toilet quickly. if its just cold we dress her up, and even if she is initially cold, within 5 mins of walking she is fine:):)

4. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Kenzie will go outside in anything (sorry Bumby :eek: )

Are you sure she's cold? Kenzie used to shake when I first took her outside as a pup because of excitement. Although I'm not sure about refusing to move!

5. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

in really cold weather mika wears a dog coat and he's ok. He wears a jumper as well if its like really really really cold but aside from that he's fine with just the coat.

6. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Oscar's always done alright in a coat. He's not keen on the rain but loves his walks more than getting his paws wet I suppose.

7. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

See I love the cold soooo:eek: opposite me and her.

Its hard to tell if she is nervous as she will shiver in the front yard and not the back or sometimes both. But on nice days with a temp of 20 shes running around in circles having a good time :confused:

She also seems to hate walking on roads the cement part. If Im walking her down the street and need to step down from the curb she wont or if she does she parks her butt there and wont move.

Shes got a little red jacket but it seems to be hard for her to move in it and I have been pondering getting her a tighter sweater type coat.

I just dont want to be one of those small dog owners that dress there dogs up.

Thanks for your ideas :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice