Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Owners of Dwarf/Junior Rabbits..

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Paws&Claws, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

Hello :eek:
    Does anyone feed there bunny Excel dwarf/junior nuggets? :)
    I have a reason for asking (nothing bad :D) just wanting to know who does x

2. spudsmummy

spudsmummy PetForums Senior

hi there
    my 2 are on a mix of excel junior and excel adult. Why do you ask??

3. WeeBarraxO

WeeBarraxO PetForums Member

I used to feed mine it :), but it gave Smokey a mucky bum, so now I feed Rabbit Royale :D

4. Tink82

Tink82 PetForums VIP

my two are on the adult.. maybe it is lighter for smaller breeds? though the back of the adult bag states dosage for english and dutch breeds so can't see what major difference there is

5. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

Fancy a free bag? :eek: i changed my bunnies pellets to light excel and i have junior/dwarf food left over :eek: i thought about giving it a rescue but people have been so nice to me on here i thought id help u guys out? :eek: x

6. spudsmummy

I am a bit far away, but thank you. Maybe one of the locals would like it. if not a rescue would prob be very greatfull for it.

:D

7. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

Dont be daft im on about sending it u :eek: ill weigh how much i have and ill bob it in a box and get it down to u :thumbup: x

8. pinkyblare

pinkyblare PetForums Junior

Hi i feed it to mine they are now about 12 weeks now i changed from the pets at home nuggets as i thought excell would be higher in fibre when Toto was pooly i thought the more fibre i can get into them the better i have changed now (the breeder sent me home with Musli but changed that asap as they were selective) but concerned they both do leave a lot of them small dark black sticky poos can never spell it lol, should i change it again? they have hay on supply all time currently waiting for my delivery of timothy hay and oat wheat and barley hay from the hay experts a sthey love that and go mad for it not too bothered with local stuff at mo thinks its too boring for them:lol:

should i decrease pellets or change fo you think?:confused1:

9. spudsmummy

how much are you feeding them? rabbits dont need alot of pellets. mine get about a shot glass full a day and the rest if made up off hay and fresh veg.

:)

10. spudsmummy

Only if you are sure. Are you sure you dont want to give it to a local rescue??

thanks though
    :)

11. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

Yeah definatly :D I want to help people on here! esp with the help u guys have given with all my fuzzies :D x

12. pinkyblare

pinkyblare PetForums Junior

I dont give them much veg cause of early probs with Toto i had when he didnt eat for nearly a week was very pooly and got that bloat/ possible GI stasis i only give carrot as treat, odd dandelion leaf (dont have many growing in garden so wont just get ofd the street) i give them say a cup full a day split it as in half cup in morn and other half in eve thats for the two of them and endless supply on Hay, i will try them on new veggies when they bit older not sure their tums are ready? i get conflicting advice on net saying babies should be given endless supply on pellets when are they classed as adults is it 16 weeks as mine are only just 12 weeks now they have lot of sticky black poos today again :( so seem to be forever cleaning them cause of risk of flies, i guess i am feeding them too much but scared i am under feeding them if you get me eek its all so worrying when you dont know if you doing right thing i dont think i have noticed them eat them is this normal or am i just not noticing ? thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice