Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Owner with a Doberman...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by shezzy, Aug 7, 2009.

1. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

needs some finacial help.
    My fav customer came in today with his female doberman but he had some sad news :( Shes nackered her leg (i cant remember how) but surgury and after care and stuff will cost around £3000. He knows this because he had the same problem with his boy doberman, who very sadly passed away due to cancer not that long ago.

He works and stuff but doesnt recive any benefits or anything but he doesnt know if he can afford the surgury.

I was just wondering if there is any charities that helps with these kind of situations? Or because he doesnt recive benefits would he not be entitled to any support??
    He loves his girl dearly. Shes finding long walks difficult and we noticed her holding up her leg and she started limping and stuff.

Just trying to gather some info for him for the next time i see him. Any info is appraciated :) Thanks x

2. Nicci

Nicci Guest

If he's not in reciept of any benefits then sadly no there will be no help for him :(

3. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Does'nt P.D.S.A help if he's on a low income

4. Nicci

Nicci Guest

P.D.S.A will only help if you are in reciept of Housing Benefit/Council Tax benefit.

Link http://www.pdsa.org.uk/eligibility.html

5. Dundee

Dundee Banned

I don't thing the PDSA will help unless he is on benefits. Can he not take a loan out? Sadly, it's so necessary to have insurance these days as vet fees are not cheap.

6. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

Yeah well he had his last big boy insured but he hasnt got her insured :(
    He said he feels so bad now that he never got her insured (as im sure any dog owner would)

Thats such sad news that he can't get help. Thats what i said today (about the bank loan) but he'd gone by the time id thought of that. I dunno if hes on loan income (even though hes a very awsome customer i dnt wanna ask him details about his income)
    Can you get a loan for something like that???

7. Nicci

Nicci Guest

You can take a loan out for anything these days, although depending on his circumstances it may be hard in todays current climate.

8. Dundee

Dundee Banned

Well, I was thinking of a small personal loan (do you have to give a reason?) - maybe ask for an overdraft, or even (worst case scenario) put it on a credit card. It will depend on his financial circumstances as to whether credit will be available for him though.

9. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

Ill mention a bank loan next time i see him (suttely (SP?) dnt wanna offend him). Hes having a bit of a hard time the now :(

Thanks everyone for your help anyway x

10. Nicci

Nicci Guest

11. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

12. Nicci

Nicci Guest

13. Kinski

Kinski PetForums VIP

If he's on good terms with his vet perhaps he could set up a payment plan with them and just pay of a set amount every pay day.

Terri

14. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

Thats a good idea too. Thanks

15. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

16. borderer

borderer Guest

get someone on benifit to take it to pdsa for you :Dthey only have to say it is there dog

17. Kinski

Kinski PetForums VIP

shezzy likes this.
  18. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

Lol sneeky :D another suggestion i can give haha :p

19. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

Another good site, thanks :D

20. fluffybunny2001

fluffybunny2001 PetForums VIP

please don`t get someone else to take the dog in for them,charities struggle for money as it is,and doing that is not fair.
    Sorry if it was intended as a joke hard to tell on the net.
    Unfortuanatley,more and more dogs are requiring exspensive surgery,mine included,it`s one of those things you need to be prepared for when owning a dog,i certainly wouldn`t have been able to pay for my vets bills had i not had my dog insured

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice