Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ow ow owww

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Argent, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Don't know what I've done, but since yesterday afternoon, my stomach has been killing me!!!

I don't know what it is though! I haven't eaten anything dodgy, I don't think it has anything to do with my actual stomach as I'm eating just fine and still have an appetite, but I can't stand up and walk around for anything longer than a minute before I'm doubling over.

I was at a barbeque on Friday night, which later on turned into the 'party' from hell, as a girl I don't like turned up and basically spent the whole time yelling and wailing like a 2 year old with a megaphone. Seriously, her voice was overriding mine when I was singing for RockBand and she was at the other end of the room! :mad: Everyone else was pretty shocked by how loud she was too, and she never calmed down, all night so we couldn't play Amnesia :mad: :mad:

Anyway, her and another of our friend's friends were seriously annoying and had me so stressed out that I ended up locking myself in the bathroom for a good cry for ten minutes, I got completely overwhelmed by the number of people that had shown up, and just how loud those two people in particular were being, causing everyone else to shout higher and higher above the noise.

After that, I stuck with OH and my housemate and our close friend for the rest of the evening, whilst giving the two idiots evils whenever they opened their stupid loud gobs.

Next day, bam, stomach pains, can't stand up. Got worse last night and ended up running to the loo a couple of times, then it eased off when I went to bed (sitting/lying still seems to be the only thing that helps).

My mum seems to think that Friday night had that much of an emotional effect on me, that I got so angry and upset, that it's released itself as this unexplained pain.

I can sort of understand that as I tend to get a weird tummy when I'm anxious or excited about something, but this is just weird. I don't like not being able to get up and walk around as and when I want...at least OH is bringing me food :)

2. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

aw hope ya feel better soon.

3. willa

willa PetForums VIP

Appendicitis ?

4. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

No I think I'd know if it was appendicitis. It's nowhere near as sharp or extreme, and I haven't vomited or anything. It's low down and centralized pain, feels really heavy and dull-achey when I stand up.

5. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

I'll kill her!!! :mad:

Lol I don't think she has any idea that I hate her in the slightest XD

6. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

awww hope you feel better soon :)

7. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Thanks, I hope so too...

8. Chinquary

Chinquary PetForums Senior

Sounds like IBS to me! That's irritable bowel syndrome.

I know so so many people who have it. Some, like me, only get it when they're stressed out about something. Others can get it when they've just eaten something that doesn't agree with them.

It can be upper digestive or lower digestive. I have upper which means I get a very persistent stomach ache, almost like indigestion but much stronger, coupled with a constant nausea and bletching. I often have a miragne with it too.

I know less about the lower, but it has symptoms like pains in the lower gut and diarrhoea.

Look it up. =] You can get prescribed meds to help with it, and I often find peppermint can help elevate the pain for a bit.

9. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Thanks for the info - I really need to grow myself a peppermint plant and get some teabags in the meantime. I already suspected I suffer from IBS, but for some reason in my mind, the situation didn't seem bad enough to make me ill like this. I've spent today looking up all kinds of ways to prevent things like that from happening.
    I've already decided I'm not going to any social gathering that she is (cuts out major stress factor) and when I move back home, I'd like to start Reiki training as well. Hate and anger are not attractive, nor are they good for me, so some good solid training might just help with the emotional side of things too. :)

10. Chinquary

Chinquary PetForums Senior

Sounds like a good plan. I try to avoid stress by starting uni assignments on time... doesn't always happen. And I find that if I get it, I get stressed out because I have it, which makes it worse. Ack! Had it for about three days straight last week and I had no idea why!

11. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Ouch >.< glad I don't get so stressed out about my Uni work lol. It is a bit of a vicious circle isn't it? You know you're stressed out which is causing the pain, which stresses you out causing further pain!

I'm still having pangs now and then but it has subsided for the most part! Was still very very sore last night but managed to make it to the shops and back today!

12. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Another member have suggested what I was thinking too, IBS..both me and my husband have it and if we get stressed out even with the slightest thing it starts off, it is not a nice thing to have. We have tried different med's but havent found one that works for us both, so we dont eat too much white bread, cheese or potato's as they start ours off, we just write down what food we have eaten on a day that we have the IBS and eliminate it from our diet. Hope you are feeling alot better today.

13. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Thanks Welshie - I feel almost completely recovered now :) I know full well if I eat too much or the wrong kind of cheese my stomach hates me for it (had that with a lasagne only last week!) but my diet doesn't really change that drastically so I tend to know what to avoid if I can.

I truly believe this was more emotionally onset...it started with backache and a migraine the day after the barbeque and turned into just...making my stomach feel like it had just had a cheese grater taken to it!
    Rested over the weekend though, and feeling the benefit now :D

14. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Glad you are feeling much better, everything got on top of you and you got worked up over it all. xxxx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice