Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Overwhelming feeling

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Patterdale_lover, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

I just had an overwhelming feeling
    I love my dog so much. I mean i love them all, but I love Bess more, it has to be said. She just stares at me with her lovely brown eyes, and lays outsretched on the floor and i feel so bad for what used to happen to her, with her previous owner.
    She is an amazing dog and friend. She offers nothing but love for me, and i hope i give it all back. We have had very tough times, but we always do things together and have pulled through, she comes every where with me and it saddens me she won't be here until the end of my days, but i am so glad i have her now. I guess i'm getting tired and have had a crazy few days so emotions are running riot, but has anyone else had that feeling before, were you suddenly realise just how much you love your dog/s?

#1 Patterdale_lover, Jul 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
    Badger's Mum likes this.
  2. HighlandQuine

HighlandQuine PetForums Senior

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. Overwhelming is the right word I think. :)

3. Gobaith

Gobaith PetForums VIP

Yep!
    Words cant even begin to explain my love for my Bruno :)
    Although he is everyones dog, he is mine.
    Ya know ? lol
    Everyone calls him my dog cos we do everything together.
    And the thought has crossed my mind about him not lasting forever, but i just live with the happy thoughts that he has had the best life and you just gotta live life day by day :)

Chloe x

4. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

Yep , I know exactly what you mean ... my two monsters are my world :)

I still remember my Buddy (now passed) and how intense his gaze was sometimes, almost as if he was trying to convey something important to me , ive never known a dog that could 'talk' with his eyes like my Bud could , I really miss him , always will

5. Patterdale_lover

Lol, glad i'm not alone :D What sorta dog do you have??:)

I know exactly what you mean, the family dog Chester is meant to be a family dog but is technically mine cos i do the walking etc. etc. Awhh he sounds a sweety

6. Patterdale_lover

Awwh bless, Mese he must of been a lovely dog, i'm sure he is stil watching you with his eyes :)

7. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

I know exactly what you mean. I have such a strong bond with Harvey and feel so much love for him words can't explain. We were separated for a while but nothing came between us or ever will - he is simply my life. The same with Pippa, even though I've only had her a short time, we've bonded and I can't imagine life without either of them.

8. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

Drym is an old man now but I still can't imagine my life without him x he overwhelms me every day, when I wake up his head is on the edge of my bed nudging my hand for a fuss. he is asleep right now on my feet as I am typing, where ever I am there is Drym.

The other day I drove my car out of the drive and onto the road (we live in a cul de sac and my drive backs out onto the bottom end so no cars drive past) I was driving my daughter to rehearsals, I suddenly noticed that Drym had followed me he was just at the end of my drive, I opened the passenger window and shouted "Get In" meaning for him to get back in the house next thing he had bounded up the drive and jumped straight through the passenger window into the seat next to me lol

Needless to say he came with us for a ride out lol

9. Patterdale_lover

It's nice to hear that dogs are loved so much by people, they do such great wonders for us :D

10. Patterdale_lover

Awh changes he sounds lovely!
    I love all dogs! Well that goes without being said ;) :p

11. HighlandQuine

Bailey's quite a mix - GSD x Rottie x Boxer and possibly some Staffie. He has the most mega ears I've ever seen! :D

My first dog was a GSD x Lab, he was stunning as is Bailey! :)

12. Patterdale_lover

Just saw your profile picture and he sure is a stunner! you must be very proud! True about the ears :p x

13. HighlandQuine

Thanks! :)

Just looking at that profile pic made me realise how much he's changed already because it's a few months old.

Okay, I'm going to figure out how to add some more recent ones, I could be gone for some time ....:D

14. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Yep sitting right next to my "forever friend" he is in little box with his picture placed on it, loved all my dogs but ther will never be another Ben!

15. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Yep, today especially I am counting my blessings. I took Sky for her morning run at 6am this morning and took her teething ring which she hasn't had to use in ages (I used it as a frisbee) and watching her trot back to me with it in her mouth just made me all gooey inside.

....And when we got home she ripped her bed apart.

Truly she is my dog through and through :p

16. Patterdale_lover

Awh that is lovely, is he they guy in your sig? Handomse chap :D

Awhh bless her cotton socks!! :D

17. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

Yes i do no what you mean, I love all my dog's but i a real bond with ben,Bless him his 2 but i dread anything happening to him:(. I'm not feeling too well today he jumped the baby gate and has stayed with me alday oh was going to take them for walk for me the other's have gone but my boy's still here with me:D.

18. Patterdale_lover

Awhh bless :) Hope you get better soon Chris, and Ben sounds lush!

19. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

Thank's. yeah he is bless him.:D his my pride an joy:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice