Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Overtired puppy

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Dotte, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Dotte

Dotte PetForums Senior

Bryson just had about an hour and a half of crazy overtiredness, hehe, ususally he sleeps from half 10 till about half 11 but today it seemed like he forgot that it was nap time and caused mayhem :001_tongue: He really is like a toddler sometimes :blush: Before I had him I had no clue that dogs could ever get overtired!

2. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

Do you have a crate or enclosed space you could put him? Our crate was a godsend for when Tummel got overtired as he'd always conk out within minutes of going in there.

Overtiredness isn't a good thing to have running around, Tummel was a complete nightmare when he got overtired :eek:

3. Dotte

Dotte PetForums Senior

I'm still working on his crate training, safe to say he still hates it, so I didnt want to put him in cuz he works him self up something terrible, but we're getting there slowly ;) He finally fell asleep in my lap now, thank god, I was at my witts end there for a minute... He thinks chewing on the chairs are the best thing ever right now, oh the joys of having a puppy (I do love it tho ;) )

4. tiggerthumper

tiggerthumper PetForums VIP

Haha people think I am nuts when I describe Prince as being like a toddler and getting over tired! But it's just what it's like!

5. Dotte

Dotte PetForums Senior

I know, it really is just the same, wont listen, way too much energy, biting, jumping, ah the poor boy, he cant control him self at all when he gets like this x The little beaut has slept for over an hour now tho :) Love it :):001_tongue:

6. Barkie

Barkie PetForums Senior

My neighbour has a young child and we had sympathy for her when her lad was playing her up so she understands when we say "oh, you know, she's over-tired".

I've had a pup that would fall asleep having a belly rub on the lap she was a springerxwsd but the WSD just took herself off out of the way, this one's a BC and slopes off. She did have a crate for overnight but she's been unable to sleep in one place for long from day 1 so now I have a puppy pen for her instead so she can curl up in her bed, stretch out to cool off or just lay flat on the cool lino.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice