Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Overnight

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by amylou8, Jul 7, 2009.

1. amylou8

amylou8 PetForums Member

I was wondering what your thoughts are on leaving cats alone over night?

In a few weeks my younger brother has his first gig in Reading and really wants us to go, the only problem we have is the cats!

My OH thinks they will be ok as we won't be leaving until about 4pm and will be back by 11 at the latest the next day, does anybody have any thoughts on this?

We would obviosuly leave them plenty of food and water.

2. kath123

kath123 Guest

Im sure it will be fine hun, as long as they have water and dry food down they will just curl up and sleep. :D x

3. Izzie999

Izzie999 PetForums VIP

Hiya,

I wouldn't worry about the cats too much, I am sure overnight they will be fine, perhaps a neighbour or relative could pop in if it was going to put your mind at rest but with plenty of food and water down they will be ok.

Izzie

4. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

i would say they'd be alrite. altho sheldon is never left this long we put the radio on for him so he has some comfort.

5. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

Hmmm I dont know I wouldnt leave mine!! :blushing:

6. messyhearts

messyhearts PetForums VIP

I wouldn't because a) I would worry so much it would ruin whatever I was doing & b) I have a dog too who defo cannot be left.

7. Jewel

Jewel PetForums Junior

I think they will be OK, if they have water, food and comfort what more could a cat ask for? My Katy does her own thing all the time...leaves me for hours on my own!!...just pops in sometimes to say 'Hello' then off she goes again. :)

8. amylou8

amylou8 PetForums Member

Thanks for all of the advice. I think I am going to leave them on this one occasion. We will be leaving plenty of food and water and a clean litter tray, I am sure they will be fine as they tend to do their own thing anyway and have each other for company. I will worry about them but this is just a one off and won't be a regular thing at all.

9. Apollo

Apollo PetForums Junior

I am sure your cats will be fine. You are going to do what is the right thing by leaving food and water so there isn't anything more that you can do. We've left our cat alone for a few hours and when we return home he is relaxing on my bed.:D

So I think your animals will be alright. They will just do their own thing. I rather think that when we leave our cat, he has a party.

10. Riverwish

Riverwish PetForums Member

Me and OH joked about coming home to cats lying all over the place, all ornaments broken and empty catnip packets scattered all over :p

We have left Aber overnight and he was fine, obviously put loads of food down for him (in fact I put so much down he COULD have had a party) and water. He was very pleased to see us the next day and had obviously been asleep on our bed.

I think they will be fine especially as they have each other :) I did worry about Aber when we left him (as in trying to convince OH to drive 100 miles home at 11pm xD) but he was fine :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice