Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Over anxious owner

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by fabsec54, Jun 1, 2010.

1. fabsec54

fabsec54 PetForums Newbie

Hi

I'm new here on the forums.

Does anyone else get really nervous and anxious before taking their cat to the vet. Ours is due her annual boosters and she normally has a general check whilst she is there. She has been fine and dandy since her visit for the boosters last year but I get so anxious I nearly have a panic attack. I know I am a very very bad worrier but this is getting silly.:(

2. Ally-Kats

Ally-Kats PetForums VIP

Hi
    I always get really worried when Scamp has to go to the vets,especially given his age(15). I know I should just take a positive attitude but the thought of him being ill really scares me:( I have been through illness with my previous cats and it was horrible,but lets face it on the whole everything is usually allright.Try not to panic too much and I hope all goes well with the checkup:)

3. fabsec54

Hi Ally-Kats

Thanks for that.

Flossie is 11 in July, we had a bit of a scare 2 years ago after a general check-up but everything turned out to be fine. I must admit it does help now that we ask for one of the female vets to see her rather than the male one, we don't think he is very nice (he usually looks after the big animals, i.e. horses etc. so I don't think he is especially sympathetic with cat lovers or their animals). I will let you know how we get on. :)

4. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

Sorry but i am like you. Born worrier.
    I try now to look at it another way. You are doing everything you can to prevent your Flossie becoming ill by taking her to the vets. If she did have a problem by taking her for a regular check up surely is the best thing.
    Last year i took our 16 year old to the vets and he found that she had a thyroid problem. If i hadn't of taken her it would have got worse. Instead she's had her op and is doing very well.
    I'm sure your Flossie will be fine. Good Luck xx

5. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

since my fluffy got put to sleep at the vets i always worrie about takeing my new cats to the vets im a really worrier and sometime i even have to just get my dad to take them so i know what i mean

6. fabsec54

Hi All

Flossie went to the vet yesterday, my sister, bless her, took her so I didn't have to go, but met her at the vets when it was all done.

Flossie had her boosters and a general check, everything fine. Just got some drops for a manky ear but that was it. She is giving us grief big time, had a face like thunder when we got home!! :)

Thanks for your reassuring messages.

Flossie's Mum

7. Ally-Kats

Ally-Kats PetForums VIP

Great news:thumbup:Now you'll pay the price for taking her to the vets,I suspect you have a lot of creeping to do:lol:

8. fabsec54

Oh gosh yeah, she normally tends to stop sulking after about 3 days. But it's hell during that time. It's not unusual for her to sit by the patio doors with her back to us as if to say "I am a cat with attitude". It's like having a teenager in the house.:lol:

9. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

I know how you feel.....i get extremely anxious about things all the time too. I hear that lavender is very soothing....how about trying that? For you i mean....not the cat!!:lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice