Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Outside Kennel

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by RAINYBOW, Apr 15, 2011.

1. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

Just looking at constructing an outside kennel for Oscar for when we get back from our morning walks so he can dry off and de mud somewhere other than my kitchen. He usually goes straight into the kitchen when we get home and sleeps for 2 or 3 hour anyway while her dries so i cant see an issue with this and he is crate trained so should take to a kennel and run ok.

Hubby has turned half the inside of the shed into a kennel with a flap access but it needs a run because that part of the garden is directly onto the side access gate and A) its not very secure in terms of someone taking him and B) he goes mad at anyone coming down the side of the house and we share access with our neighbours, also their cats just torment him.

Can anyone recommend a good CHEAP run option that we can add to the side of the shed, it only needs 2 sides as the back of it would be fenced ??

2. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

Ebay is always good tot ry, search for things which are close to you geographically (So you can pick up to reduce costs).

I know my sister got a large metal dog run (Which is used for the giant bunnies!) at a very reasonable price.

Ours have an outside Kennel, I have never seen either of them in there hehe but it's there non the less :)

3. dickybirdclocks

dickybirdclocks PetForums Junior

Was thinking similarly in repect of getting a kennel for use after walks and as dogs own outside chill out spot during hopefully summery months .

4. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

heras fencing! its ideal for a pen and very cheap :D

5. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

I think PoisinGirl has or was looking into this a lot could be worth asking her :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice