Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

outer control

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by carol, Jan 18, 2008.

1. carol

carol PetForums VIP

as a dog boarder and walker i see lots of things going on with people animals
    and i see so meny poeple walking their dogs up and down a main road with no lead,
    ive been walking down a road with the dogs under control on the leads and we get invaded by dogs running free and people get upset when i point out to them to keep the dog under control and should be on lead on public highway.
    the dogs running up the road and leaving parcels on the pavement and the onwers walk pass them not picking them up
    even in the parks
    its a shame most people keep to the rules but its getting more and more common that people let the dogs run free on the road while they are walking them.

2. bullbreeds

bullbreeds PetForums VIP

It happens near me to when im out riding. One mans dog started running towards my horse barking and snapping round his legs. I shouted at him to put the dog on the lead but he casually strolled over to me smiling!
    If i'd come off my horse he wouldnt have been smiling. :mad:
    My stables are on a farm track and dog walkers think nothing of their dogs running onto the yard, even when im standing there with horses tied up!
    Some owners havent got a clue about responsible ownership.

3. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

i agree with you,,,,,,it winds me up,..........................:(:(

4. Angel

Angel PetForums Senior

Yeah i do know what you are talking about.
    A while ago when i was wating outside my daughters school with my dog, someone was walkign on the other side of the road and the dog just saw us and ran over the road.
    I freaked........ but luckily the car was not close enough..........

Also Outside and around the school there is always dogs mess left on the floor. It maeks me so mad as there is a park right there and a minuites walk a poop bin.!!!!!

Some people just dont care.........:mad:

5. carol

carol PetForums VIP

and if the horse kicks them your poor horse will be in the wrong
    when its the owners who should get the kick they might not let the dogs do it then :) :)

6. bullbreeds

bullbreeds PetForums VIP

I personally dont let my dogs off the lead unless im in the middle of a field and no-one else is around.
    I dont know how they dont worry about their dogs running into the road!
    I'd be terrified.

7. bullbreeds

bullbreeds PetForums VIP

Exactly! And its these sort of people that never get caught for doing it!
    You could bet your life that if I ever done that the dog warden would be waiting round the corner!
    I dont let my horse off the lead if i take him for a walk!

8. carol

carol PetForums VIP

there's always some owners who dont pick it up and spoils it for the rest of us

9. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

there is a dog walk near me with a poop bin at each end and one in the middle, but guess what? the path is full and the bins are empty:mad:

10. May be some people havent got a clue as how important to keep dogs on the lead. EDUCATION, EDUCATION, EDUCATION!!!

11. Angel

Angel PetForums Senior

Well i am sorry but if that is the case they should not have dogs...... :p
    If you own a dog, you should be able to deal with everything to do with the dog, even the POOP!!!!!

:D

12. They need to learm it all before they getting a puppy. Just how many people getting they;'re very first dog? Obviously dont have any idea about dangers while walking along the road without the lead..etc...

13. Solitaire

Solitaire PetForums Junior

I hate seeing dogs on the Flexi leads, if the dog walks into the road in front of a car they would have no chance of getting it back to safety before causing an accident. :mad:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice