Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

outdoors

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by dottylotty, May 23, 2010.

1. dottylotty

dottylotty PetForums Member

was planning to keep my two kittens indoors but have decided the weather is so nice to let them explore a bit in back garden with my supervision they r loving it so may have them as outdoor cats now. whats the best way to go about it when i let them outside properly to ensure they come back home, worried they wont come back.

2. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

let them in the back garden and call there name with treats when you want them to come in so they will lean when they came home when called then they get a lovely treat that worked with smokey and he never gose that fare and always come home now so that should pretty much work good luck

3. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

If you want to ensure they won't stray consider cat proofing your garden :) x

4. Staysee

Staysee PetForums VIP

Take all food up before you go bed [thats after you've fed them so they settle for the night] the night before so they are hungry little kittys in the morning, then let them out.

They will be inquisitive, but thier bellies will also be wanting food, so you could maybe, like we used to to...tap a fork on something that makes a unique sound and then when they come, they'll associate that sound with food and you could use that for all future occasions, it worked wonders for us when we lived in the city and were letting them out first time, altho by then we'd already got them used to a certain sound meaning food, but its not too late

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice