Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

out shooting last night

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by borderer, Aug 7, 2009.

1. borderer

borderer Guest

went out shooting all night got loads of rabbits farmer is very happy:D

#1 borderer, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2009
  2. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

Oh no....wish I hadn't looked now :( :(

3. borderer

borderer Guest

ya have to shoot them they eat everthing if ya never shot them ya would never get ya weetabix:D

4. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

My friend has permission to hunt rabbits on a farm near to her in Norfolk. She took me down there one night when I was last there. It was snided with rabbit warrens you couldn't even walk on it with out sinking. There is no way you could graze livestock on it as they would end up with a broken leg and you can't get a tractor on it to plough it up and if you could the rabbits would eat all the young plant shoots as they grew. She doesn't shoot them she works lurchers ,whippets and I think she has just started to train an ex racing greyhound to work. She also uses ferrets during the day time which she works with a 3 legged whippet x italian greyhound that unless you knew you would swear was a pedigree iggie. Her pedigree italians are also capable of taking a rabbit.

None of them go to waste they feed her family,he dogs and her ferrets .Even the dogs she shows earn the own keep.

1 person likes this.
  5. rona

rona Guest

Was that from the back of a vehicle with a lamp?

6. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Typical of humans if we don't like, or it gets in the way of profits. Kill It.:mad5::mad5::mad5:

noushka05 likes this.
  7. borderer

borderer Guest

we were driving and shooting our guns have lights and lazers:D

8. borderer

borderer Guest

if you leave the rabbits there would be nothing there would be millions they would eat all the grass and all the crops livestock would die:D

9. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Bordie you don't half know how to wind people up :rolleyes: :001_tt2:

10. rona

rona Guest

What do you do with the rabbits?
    Ferrets or local butcher?

11. borderer

borderer Guest

the big ones go to butcher the little ones feed ferrets or make a stew for dogs :D

12. rona

rona Guest

We've got dreadful myxy here at the moment, dog keeps catching them and I have to finish them off. Really don't like doing it, but can't let them suffer :(
    He's had 4 in a week

13. borderer

borderer Guest

its real life babe:D

14. rona

rona Guest

Not to some people!!!!

15. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

We have 20 myxy rabbits in work at the minute! :(..

16. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Were my friend works her dogs the farmer has lost more than 30 acres to rabbits. If he does not do anything about them there is an embankment on his land that will collapse because of the rabbits burrowing. I went with her and the dogs and to be honest using the dog we caught 1 rabbit and that had myxie. Not that her dogs are not good at their job they are but she had been working the field just a couple of days before so the rabbits were wary she normally leaves it for a week or two before going back to the same field. The rabbit breed far more than she can kill on the field.

I din't like the idea of it untill I went with her and saw the damage the rabbits had done. Her dogs all kill the rabbit with the initial bite and retrieve the rabbits back they don't retrieve live.

17. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

I can completely understand people getting upset by this subject, I certainly could not watch let alone do it! However, I do understand the neccessity for it. I hope they are killed swiftly so as not to suffer, I feel sick at the thought of them suffering.
    I don't eat meat, could not even cope with fishing and love animals, but really, if they are destroying people's livelyhood I can see the need for it. People cannot be expected to allow their crops, their income, their food, to be destroyed if they can humanely remove the problem.

18. borderer

borderer Guest

mixy is a horrible cruel thing very slow death for rabbits if you see them you have to stop suffering its a terrible thing good on ya:D

19. 3 red dogs

3 red dogs PetForums VIP

sorry guys, had to remove the pic as reports were a little overwelming,
    This does not how ever in any way reflect the views of the moderaters . its general consensus!

20. borderer

borderer Guest

thats fair red thanks not all people can face real life:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice