Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

out off control dog

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by wiccan, Apr 16, 2011.

1. wiccan

wiccan PetForums Senior

hi all just wondering whoi you would put a complaint about a dangerous and out off control dog into and if there is much that can be dont if it hasnt physical hurt somebody
    thanx in advance xx

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

The dog warden would be my first point of call.

3. wiccan

wiccan PetForums Senior

ok thank you was arguing with my husband over the police or dog warden will go in and see her on monday morning as i tink they only deal with emergencys on week ends

4. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

Definately dog warden. We are at a do we / dont we stage with one of our neighbours at the moment.

Last summer his female attacked our Millie (a known aggressive dog was being walk in a popular off lead area and slipped her slip lead! :eek: hmm clue was in the name wasnt it).

And last week they both(male and female) escaped the house and the male went for Makita and the female was jumping him, since then Makita has been panicing when he has 2 or 3 dogs near him in the vicinity. Really not a happy bunny.

I think if it ever happened again I wouldnt want to be the neighbour who has to answer to my OH. eeek

5. wiccan

wiccan PetForums Senior

This dog has gone 4 my dog so many times and the owner has not once appologied the final straw is that it has gone 4 her twice this week both wen ive had my 1 year old with me and it is now getting to the point where i feel scared to walk the dog with my child.
    The 1st time i was coming down stairs to my flat (i have to bump the buggie down ) and my dog walks next to me on her lead. Now this dog was tied to a bin and managed to get lose running up the stairs showin its teeth :eek:. I had to shout 4 the owner to come and get his dog while kickin at it to go away. He finally came out off the shop and shouted @ his dog which caused it to run off down the middle off the road.
    and then today i was walking in the woods and had just called my dog to put her back on her lead. When his ran around the corner teeth showin n growlin @ which point i stupidly grabbed my dog by her scruff and held her up so she couldnt do anything while again kickin at his dog and shouting for him 2 get it.
    again it took him a good 5 mins which felt like 4 ever and he grabbed his dog and walked off without even lookin to c we where ok !
    soz 4 the bad grammer n rambling

oh and just to say my dog is a Staffie and his is a border collie now if i had let me staffie go his dog would be seriously damaged. My dog is fine with all other dogs ust not this one who has attacked her so many times and the other dogs she plays with.

6. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I would tell him that if he doesnt keep his dog under control he can be charged with having a dog dangerously out of control. If this happens then he will be made to have it on the lead at all times in public etc.
    Maybe it will scare him into trying a bit harder and his dog should certainly not be off lead!

7. wiccan

wiccan PetForums Senior

unfortunately he doesnt stop 2 let you say anything to him ! He is also ive been told an alcholic and mostly drink while walking the dog and so i wouldnt really like to confront him especially infront off my child.
    p.s signed ur petition:)

#7 wiccan, Apr 16, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  8. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

in that case just go ahead and contact the dog warden. he will get a shock (I hope) if they go to see him.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice