UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
19,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, he has full rescue back up so they will find him a suitable home. I think he would prefer a quieter home with either no other dogs or one other dog as I think he feels left out sometimes... but you only have 2 hands :lol: he also hates if I take one of the other dogs out, but I can't take them all at the same time every time lol.

·
Banned
19,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm glad to have helped him, he's a lovely boy... but he doesn't really fit in all that well. Also a bit selfish maybe, but I couldn't have a dog that can't be trusted off lead- Lenny cannot be let off on most of the places we walk as there are a lot of bunnies around and he would not come back, he used to be a working dog. I just could not have a dog on lead on walks with the off lead ones all the time, I would feel too bad and I don't think it's fair on the dog.

Here's another video of them

[youtube_browser]Lwofungs9c0[/youtube_browser]

·
Registered
463 Posts
Of course, living with dogs that are off-lead all the time may make him feel a little left out, but good job on being responsible :eek:

I let George off in the mornings when it's quiet, I don't have to worry then. Plus there are no little animals round here for him to chase.

That's the only thing with sighthounds, I guess. Especially retired working/racing hounds.

SJ

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
:D:(I love how your dogs pose:D:D:D

·
Banned
19,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The good thing about Lenny being on a whippet rescue site rather than a general rescue, means the likliness of someone browsing likes him just cause he's cute and end up with a dog who doesn't fit in is less... I think most people would have to be looking for a whippet etc to find/be pointed in the direction of the rescue so they would know what they are getting into with him. It that makes sense lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.