Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Our walk: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by IrishEyes, Nov 6, 2012.

1. IrishEyes

IrishEyes PetForums VIP

Yesterday's walk was a little more eventful than usual..

The Good: It was incredibly beautiful out, I love crisp clear Autumn mornings. I took way too much pleasure in cracking the frozen puddles (inner child and all that). We met a few ponies, turkeys, a pig and several lazy cats with attitude who refused to budge out of our way even though Horace made it clear he'd quite like to chase them..

Further on we saw another dog approaching so I popped Horace onlead, she was a stunning big mastiff aptly called Mouse as she is very timid.. she was attacked by a terrier thus her fear. I put Horace into a sit/stay in the grass so as to give her space. Her human said that he was very surprised that she allowed herself to get as close as she did but she still took some coaxing to get her to go past. She was beautiful!

Further on again, a fox ran straight past us :D I love animals! It was big and ever so lovely.

The Bad: As we took a different path which brought us through woodland at the back of the gasworks, a really loud warning siren came on... I suddenly had visions of finding that zombies had taken over.. we walked on and suddenly BOOM!! big explosion! Horace didn't take much notice and happily trotted along! Coming from N Ireland I'm somewhat used to big explosions, at least this one didn't shake the ground :p

The Ugly: I say this with a heavy heart, Horace somehow managed to get a rabbit. We were walking along when suddenly he made a dive into the bushes, I called him but he ignored me so I went to see.. I saw him catch a rabbit by the neck, it squealed once then went floppy. I couldn't get any further in so felt helpless. He dropped it close to my feet then came out... I think he must have broke it's neck and it had no puncture marks or blood... I felt/feel so very bad..

Anyhow, here are some pictures from today, may take 2 uploads though..

Attached Files:

2. IrishEyes

IrishEyes PetForums VIP

Continued:

Attached Files:

3. BobbyBrownDog

BobbyBrownDog PetForums Junior

looks a lovely morning. Safe to say ours was a little less eventful. Bobster did go for a flock of gulls though, but he is a bit dozy so got nowhere near.

Shame about the rabbit.

4. IrishEyes

IrishEyes PetForums VIP

I keep seeing the poor wee thing...

5. GingerRogers

GingerRogers PetForums VIP

Looks lovely, proper autumny too, I had a wonderful walk this morning but my pics aren't as bronzed as there weren't many trees.

It awful when any dog is scared but so much more so when its a big majestic one isn't it.

I wouldn't feel too bad about the rabbit, :( at least he did a good quick job.

6. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Just adore the second picture on post 2. :)

7. astara

astara PetForums Senior

stunning pics my 2 just got a walk over a big field this morning we are all full of colds in the bray household:(

8. IrishEyes

IrishEyes PetForums VIP

Thank you for the comments/likes :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice