Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Our guinea pigs

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Angel, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Angel

Angel PetForums Senior

I bought 2 guinea pigs for my children back in July 07.
    They were meant to be 2 girls but they both turned out to be boys. They are in the same hutch and generally get on well except i have noticed that they nibble each others ears. They both have lots of little nibble marks ( like dents) in there ears.

They dont like being seperated, like if one is picked up and the other one is not. They squeak really loud until they are back together. Has anyone any ideas why they do this?
    :confused:
    We have also brought a female and she is in a cage seperatly.

2. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

yes i would love to see pics,,,,,

3. Angel

Angel PetForums Senior

i posted pics on the small animals gallery........

4. xxjackyxx

xxjackyxx PetForums Junior

guinea pigs like to live in small groups and 2 boars together from babies should not be a problem. They will groom each other and nibble each others coats though. You do really need to either get another sow for the one you have on it's own, or get the boars neutered and introduce them all together.

5. Angel

Angel PetForums Senior

I am going to breed the sow we have. I did put her with one of the boys a while ago so i am just waiting to see if she is pregnant. She is getting fat, but i dont know.

So i have just got to wait and see but if not then i do intend to get another sow.

6. jdoevans

jdoevans PetForums Junior

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice