Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Our girls arrived today!

Discussion in 'Poultry Chat' started by Puppy Love, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Puppy Love

Puppy Love PetForums Senior

Hi,

Just got our 4 new chickens today. Never had them before so its all new. Can anyone tell me should I put food and water in with the girls when I put them to bed and close up for the night?? Not sure what to do, I can find the answer in any of my books and I forgot to ask the lady we got them from.

Many thanks
    Puppy Love x

2. archiebaby

archiebaby PetForums VIP

hi. bet you are looking forward to those lovely fresh eggs:) we dont put food or water in with our chickens and ducks when they are put a bed for the night:)

3. shells

shells PetForums VIP

hi and welcome to the wounderful world of chickens. we dont put food in the house it is in the garden pen so as soon as they come out it is there for them and they seem to like it this way , all those i know personally do the same. xx

4. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Congratulations! we recently got some hens, they are great :D

we don't put their food or water in with them at night, from what i read they don't eat or drink when it's dark. We do bring it in to the house though just to stop any rats eating it

5. Puppy Love

Puppy Love PetForums Senior

Thank you so much for your replys. I have now put them to bed without any food or water. Had our 1st egg this afternoon - wow it was so special, cant wait to open it up in the morning.

Puppy Love x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice