UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

581 - 600 of 617 Posts

·
Look into my eyes....
17,612 Posts
The Poppy is self seeded … nature knows what she’s doing 😉

I should buy more Veronica … so attractive and pretty hardy. They don’t seem phased in my crowded borders… some other tall plants (Echinacea for one) can’t cope with such conditions and don’t come back.
I’ve had that problem too with echinacea and I love them so much, but it’s just a waste of money. I keep the borders crowded in order to keep the weeds down as we are often away for long periods

Reactions: Lurcherlad

·
Human mother to Oscar
12,813 Posts
I went to the nice independent garden centre today on the way home from GP. It was awful :( Everything was half dead and looked totally neglected, totally different than when I bought the flowers for the Jubilee pots there a while back. So sad :( I went in case they had any orange pelargoniums but they didn't. Was going to do some garden things but it's too hot out there, despite the little breeze.

·
Premium Member
29,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #583 ·
That ticks me off @Mrs Funkin … supermarkets are the worst for neglecting plants.

They leave them squashed under low shelves so they develop bent over and forget to water them. Then have to chuck them away:(

Such a waste.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
I went to my local plant centre today and oh my goodness it was a very hot 45 minutes walking round! They take fantastic care of the plants but I did see a few wilting in the heat (my car registered 26) even with their care. I bought a few shrubs and some perenials, including a salvia and I think phlox - I just picked up what I liked that had lots of bees round it!

Can anyone recommend a decent long hosepipe? I seem to have mislaid mine and can't for the life of me remember if I have seen it since the house move 🥴

I like the idea of the lightweight flexible ones but see lots of negative reviews. I then look at Hoselock on reels and they have negative reviews too!

·
Human mother to Oscar
12,813 Posts
@GingerNinja we have the wall mounted Hozelock reel, so good we bought another for the front. They do the auto wind in thing - we paid less than this but I think all the prices are bonkers at the moment - I think we got ours in Argos on special offer but they only have the 40m one there at the moment.

·
Human mother to Oscar
12,813 Posts
That ticks me off @Mrs Funkin … supermarkets are the worst for neglecting plants.

They leave them squashed under low shelves so they develop bent over and forget to water them. Then have to chuck them away:(

Such a waste.
I actually went to look at roses - it made me sad as they’d all been busy blooming but hadn’t even been dead headed. I wanted to rescue them all and bring them home where they’d at least have had a chance to be happier out of a pot.

·
Human mother to Oscar
12,813 Posts
Had to take a picture as I’m so happy to finally have colour down the shrubby border :) As usual, no colour theme, so it’s red, purple and yellow down there, I just have things I like. There are lots of flower buds on the two Hoheria trees at the bottom of the garden, too. These will be white and I hope I get to enjoy them for more than a day or two this year.

Plant Branch Tree Vegetation Terrestrial plant

(please excuse the window frame, I didn’t want to lean further out in case I dropped the iPad)

·
Obedient Cat Slave
5,348 Posts
I like all different colours too and certainly have never considered what should go with what!
I do need some yellow to clash with the pinks and blues ;)
This is my haul from yesterday, excuse the bin!
View attachment 573485
I've got that pink Gaura (top left) - they're great, just cut them right back when they've finished flowering and they come back each year :)

581 - 600 of 617 Posts