UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

541 - 560 of 617 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,630 Posts
That was a bargain :) @simplysardonic

We shall expect great things …. ;)
The melons I'm especially looking forward to growing again, I used to grow them in my dad's greenhouse when he lived down the road- they were never particularly large (maybe big orange sized), but they more than made up for it by being juicy & absolutely delicious.

·
Premium Member
29,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #542 ·
Managed an hour and a half in the garden this morning, before the heat drove me inside …. Apparently 24 Celsius here in sunny Essex at the moment. Peaking at 27.

Any plants that looked a bit droopy has had a drink :)

·
Look into my eyes....
17,612 Posts
Went and spent far to much at the garden centre on Monday, could have spent a load more

Redid the alpine trough, need to slot in some houseleeks around the stone
Plant Bedrock Grass Wood Road surface

One or two of these aren't new
Plant Flower Flowerpot Houseplant Grass

I've had the green and red grass since last year, I just love the colours
Plant Flower Plant community Flowerpot Botany

·
Premium Member
29,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #545 ·
@QOTN I only have the dark vivid pink one flowering so far … not sure if any of the white will come up.

I know I nicked some seeds, but seem to remember buying some seedlings online … or am I imagining it???

I saw a pale pink one the other day … but still keeping an eye out for a decent sized white plant to buy.

·
Registered
6,452 Posts
@QOTN I only have the dark vivid pink one flowering so far … not sure if any of the white will come up.

I know I nicked some seeds, but seem to remember buying some seedlings online … or am I imagining it???

I saw a pale pink one the other day … but still keeping an eye out for a decent sized white plant to buy.
I thought you bought a white plant.

Correction. I just checked and you deadheaded somebody's plant. Mine seed everywhere. I wonder if a small one would survive the post.

·
Endangered Species
25,956 Posts
Little White Pet (pic for @Charity )
View attachment 494505

@Mrs Funkin I think your Hypericum Androsaemum is happier than mine, perhaps because it is cherished instead of being considered an intruder
View attachment 494507

I have Lychnis Coronaria 'Alba' dotted around my garden to give me my white flower 'fix' now the Hesperis have finished. @Lurcherlad how is yours doing?
View attachment 494509
Thanks @QOTN, I love that little rose, I wish I still had it. Think I might get it again, sure I can find a space somewhere. :)

My hypericum is romping away

Flower Plant Groundcover Grass Petal

I love my hanging baskets this year, they are really performing well

Flower Plant Petal Flowerpot Houseplant

Flower Plant Petal Botany Flowerpot

Unfortunately this rose, which has lots of buds on the top, is growing into my cat netting

Flower Plant Sky Botany Petal

The daisy border as I call it, they self seed everywhere but I love them

Flower Plant Road surface Brickwork Brick

like on our patio

Flower Plant Petal Botany Grass

·
Look into my eyes....
17,612 Posts
Thanks @QOTN, I love that little rose, I wish I still had it. Think I might get it again, sure I can find a space somewhere. :)

My hypericum is romping away

View attachment 494547

I love my hanging baskets this year, they are really performing well

View attachment 494553

View attachment 494555

Unfortunately this rose, which has lots of buds on the top, is growing into my cat netting

View attachment 494557

The daisy border as I call it, they self seed everywhere but I love them

View attachment 494559

like on our patio

View attachment 494561
I love those daisies. I was at someone's house who has them growing amongst the stones on her patio, it just looked lovely

·
Premium Member
29,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #549 ·
I thought you bought a white plant.

Correction. I just checked and you deadheaded somebody's plant. Mine seed everywhere. I wonder if a small one would survive the post.
Plants do get sent through the post … I shall just keep my eyes peeled for one … I'm bound to go to a nursery or garden centre soon! :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think its Dolly :Hilarious

@Suggie's Mum love your poppies, will you save the seeds? I haven't had any this year, this weather has really played havoc with my garden.

@LittleEms Love that pretty little Dahlietta and your Erigeron, I think @Charity has a beauty too, I will have to get some, do you just cut back after flowering to get another show?
Also love your veg and fruit patch, I hardly bother now with fruit as the damn grass snakes eat everything I have, I really dislike untangling the stroppy things from the netting.
Where did you get your compost bins from, they look super, are they snake proof? Again my compost is just a humongous pile and I let it rot down, again the grass snake and adders love it and I hate moving things around so I would love to have a snake free safe compost heap.
@ewelsh Thank you. I'm going to save the seeds. Never seen or had purple poppies before and it would be nice to have some next year if I can, weather permitting.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just back from a theatre trip to London (Witness for the Prosecution by Agatha Christie) and went out in the garden to give those plants in need a good soak.

Still a few yet to be planted :Bag

Yesterday planted up some French beans which were being offered "help yourself" by MIL's neighbour last Sunday … hoping I get a few meals worth.

Also have a few tomato plans popped up in the pots of gladioli I'd started off in home made compost … see what they produce :)

Having cleared space at the end of the garden and now the neighbour's massive conifers have gone (which took all the light) I want to make some planters on legs to pop some spare plants from cuttings and maybe a few veggies. I'll wrap the legs with copper tape and use new compost to thwart attacks by the slugs and snails.
Hope they grow for you :)
I planted plenty of veggies; tomato, carrots, peas, green beans, lettuce, beetroot, fennel and marigold but not one grew.
All that's ended up growing this year is Catmint, and I didn't plant it in that plot :Facepalm

Cat Plant Felidae Carnivore Botany

The only one that seems happy with this is Suggie.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
The only one that seems happy with this is Suggie.
Was going to say, someone seems happy :D
No … not quick enough :rolleyes:

She probably has cubs to feed and was hoovering up any leftovers from the birds.

OH says "don't feed the fox" …. I agreed … but have put a few scraps out now and then ;)
When my parents were clearing my grandparents house my mum was sat in the breakfast room (yes they were posh) when a fox comes to join her. Probably came to see why his regular meals had stopped.

Some pictures from the past two days.
Flower Plant Botany Green Petal

Flower Plant Petal Hybrid tea rose Tree
Flower Plant Petal Botany Rose
Flower Plant Petal Terrestrial plant Pink
Flower Plant Water Petal Leaf
Plant Terrestrial plant Groundcover Grass Tree

541 - 560 of 617 Posts