Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Our Discus

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium Galleries' started by Rhiannan, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Rhiannan

Rhiannan PetForums Junior

Hello folks

Here are a couple of pics of our little group of Discus :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Kribbies & babies from many moons ago!

[​IMG]

We have a Fish House in construction just now which will have 20+ tanks in it. Hopefully we will be breeding our discus and some other fishies too :D
    Here it is :)
    [​IMG]

scosha37 likes this.
  2. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

Wooow there stunning fish!...:eek:

I havent seen them in a while my brother had them years ago ..thye are kibda hard to look after than normal tropical fish??

Blob on its way...

3. Rhiannan

Rhiannan PetForums Junior

I guess it's like most fish, if you have everything you need it is not too hard to keep on top of!
    You keep water really, not fish after all lol :)

We use a mix of HMA and RO water and frequent water changes to keep Nitrates down. But since we moved in January we are on a private water supply which seems to have very high nitrates out of the tap :( so we will end up having to use 100% RO water with supplements added to keep the nitrates at a nice low level for them. Our private water is also very very acidic so we have added crushed oyster shells to our external filter which has bumped the PH up perfectly :)

Will be easier once the fish house is all set up and we use one huge sump as the filter for all the tanks (bar a couple of quarentine tanks). Then we can just do one water change from the sump and it will do all 20 odd tanks.

Thanks for the kind comments :D
    Rhiannan

4. magpie

magpie PetForums VIP

Gorgeous fish! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice