UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She went two days ago, we were expecting her back by now. she has wandered before but only for a whole day, now its two days.

we have two cats, a little boy and stout our girl, we also have a dog, who our boy gets on very well with, they sleep together and play together, even eat together but stout hates the dog,weve had him for 5 months now and shes never wandered this long beofre but i cant think of any other reason, and i cant help but think this could be why she has gone.:(:(

her sister (fuzz who i have spoken about on here before) died a few months ago after being hit by a car and im worried the same may have happened to stout.:(

·
Registered
643 Posts
Sorry to hear Stout has gone missing. Have you asked around the area? Checked with neighbours and anyone with garages? You could also make up posters to put on lamposts around your area and a bit further afield. Good luck, and i'm sure she'll be back home soon, as if nothing has happened!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sorry to hear shes gone awol.
I'd defo go around and ask people if they have seen her, I have a cat here now who has suddenly appeared from no where and wont leave. Ive asked around but to no luck

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Sorry to hear about your cat - I hope it turns up soon. It may have gone off with mine who also disappeared on Tuesday. We have checked around houses but no joy. Fingers crossed they both turn up safe and sound.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Put posters around with a picture of your cat on, plus your name and phone number. Ask people to check in garages and sheds in case she's been locked in somewhere accidentally. Make as many copies of the poster as you can, and put them through doors in your neighbourhood. Put copies of the poster into clear plastic envelopes and fix them to lamp-posts, etc. Talk to neighborhood vets, and local rescue centres in case she's been handed in.

Also speak to the local council - if the worst has happened and she has been in a car accident, the council may have picked her up. If she was microchipped, they should be able to tell you if she was found.

Was she microchipped?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Sorry to hear shes gone awol.
I'd defo go around and ask people if they have seen her, I have a cat here now who has suddenly appeared from no where and wont leave. Ive asked around but to no luck
Its not a fat black cat in the S****horpe area is it by any chance???

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
Are you sure she hasn't sat there all along and is grumpy because you have been ignoring her for two days? :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously tough, so glad for you that she is back! :thumbup: What a pickle!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Don't give up hope. One of my two boys wandered off for 3 weeks and we still got him back!

Definitely do the posters. Contact cats protection, RSPCA and local vets. There are a lot of sites on the web that you can register missing pets on also.

I know it's sad and an awful telephone call to make but it is worth making a call to the council, they have to keep a record of all the cats they have picked up and hopefully it will be happy news that she hasn't been found.

If she is insured you can also contact them and they do the posters for you often and put on a 24 hour call centre number for people to contact.

Pickle had gone all the way over the other side of the estate we live on so make sure you put posters in all local shops even if you think they are too far away. We got him back after someone saw his poster in the paper shop.

Good Luck and I hope she comes home soon.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.