Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Our Baby Hamsters

Discussion in 'Small Animal Photo Galleries' started by AnimalLoversWeb, Jan 5, 2008.

1. AnimalLoversWeb

AnimalLoversWeb PetForums Junior

We inadvertently became hamster breeders when our two russian dwarfs, which we had been told were females, produced a litter of 7 baby hamsters six weeks ago.
    We didn't have the heart to separate them, as Sunny the male went a bit mad when we tried. So a week ago we had our second litter!
    Anyway the babies are some of the cutest things imaginable here's some pics:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

We have started to find some good homes for some of them but also plan to keep a few for ourselves.

2. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

very cute, I like hamsters, havent got any at the moment but I do have 2 gerbills and 2 rats:)

3. carol

carol PetForums VIP

there sweet
    my sister had that years ago with 2 rabbits she was told both girls and 1 turned out to be a boy
    they soon got him done

4. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh they are soooo tiny,,,,, i see you had a hard job taking pictures of them,,LOL,,,, very sweet,,,thank you for sharing them with us,,,,

5. SazzyB

SazzyB Guest

that happened with my friend, they heard lil squeaks...looked...bedding randomly moving...and their 2 hammys weren't there they were in another part of the cage...another week or so later...more squeaks.

I think the poor hammy had like 3 litters, everytime they were like ok we can seperate now...ok maybe not...

the pet shop got 2 big hammys and a million babies taken back to them haha.

they look adorable, where do you live?!?!?! ^___^

6. happysaz133

happysaz133 PetForums VIP

They are so cute! I bred a litter of Syrian's a couple of years back, I got the best hammy I've ever owned out of them, he was such a luvvie!

7. ChrisTheGerbilGuy

ChrisTheGerbilGuy PetForums Member

they're gorgeous :)

8. serz

serz PetForums Member

aww they are so cute :) i would end up keeping all of them ha ha :)

9. ColeosMummy

ColeosMummy PetForums VIP

aww, tiny, i miss my hamster :(

10. Dahlia-mouse

Dahlia-mouse PetForums Junior

Aww cute:D:p

But if i were you i would seperate them now ! It is not healthy for hamsters or any animal to have litters many times with short notice, the female has to have about 2-3 without getting pregnant and one hamster should not have more litters than 2-3, if she has many litters then she is not gonna live as long:(

11. u-look-like-a-hamster

u-look-like-a-hamster PetForums VIP

thoose hammies dont look right

they look like hybirds to me.....

x

12. StolenkissGerbils

StolenkissGerbils PetForums Senior

Even if they are hybrids they are adorable :)

13. scoobydoo

scoobydoo PetForums Member

we are not allowed to have hamsters in australia :( i really miss my boy that we had when i lived in england :(

14. ChrisTheGerbilGuy

ChrisTheGerbilGuy PetForums Member

i do have to agree with this, as cute as pinkies are. And also, you have a mix of russian dwarfs and campbells there.

15. Harvey_Hams

Harvey_Hams PetForums Newbie

are they now separated? they will have a litter every 3 weeks until the female dies from exhaustion. Having 2 together like this will have already weakened her and shorterned her lifespan. They get pregnant 4 hours after giving birth.

The pic isn't big enough, but they look like hybrids, which are a bad idea to breed... i say that because the pic of the orangey colour ones look like Mandarins, which are made up of a winter white body with a campbells colouring. Hybrids can have neurological issues and shortened lifespans. Obviously you didnt breed them on purpose, but i wouldn't breed any more of them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice