Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Oudoor hutches, runs etc

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by kellyrich, Jul 15, 2009.

1. kellyrich

kellyrich PetForums VIP

Ok peeps the only way we can have another bun (if we do decide to) is if we build a big hutch/run outside but just for them to stay in overnight and when we are at work the rest of the time they would be indoors. So can you post me any pics you may have so we can get some ideas as Vinny wants to build his own. Or if anybody knows any links i can look at to buy a decent one that would be big enough for Stan (and a friend if we do get one).

Thanks

2. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

3. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

a standard shed is probably a good option in terms of cost even a childs wendy house is loads more expensive and so would the wood be to build a shed type thingy

4. toddy

toddy PetForums Senior

Kelly there is something similar to the first picture on Ebay for half the price as I was looking for my ferrets but my husband is building them a new home now.
    I will try and find the link for you.
    If your partner is good with building things then it would work out much chepaer building your own runs for the rabbits as most pirpose built hutches are either too small or so expensive.

5. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

the trixies are quite well made I had a good play with one because I almost got one I dont know how well they last tho. and the bunnies in the picture are probably tiny

6. kellyrich

kellyrich PetForums VIP

Hi Toddy that would be great if you could find the link, im still in two minds as im not sure about keeping him outside overnight and during the day as i would worry but if i can find something safe then i would maybe give it a go! I just dont want him to hate me for putting him outside lol!!

p.s Vinny does want to make his own but i need to find out where to get all the safe materials from as i the mesh etc! Any ideas?

7. kellyrich

kellyrich PetForums VIP

I know, it looks nice but i suppose you cant tell til you actually see them!

8. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

Hey love

Giants can not be kept in hutches they are too small especially for 2. You'd need a shed, also the temp will be an issue, they really need to either be outside or indoor buns in the winter.

9. kellyrich

kellyrich PetForums VIP

Hi ya

I know i was thinking that too thats why i was in two minds i think im just best off staying as i am even thought he would only be in it overnight but i dont think i could do it to him, he is so used to being in here with all his space and with us, i think we will just stay as i am for the sake of Stanny! And he is such a happy bunny he would probably wonder what was going on if we changed his situation! xx

10. frags

frags PetForums VIP

those 2 links you posted, ive seen those at a pet shop and there alot smaller than they look.
    i was going to get them for my lot but decided not to as they wernt big enough.

id say get a shed and do what ive done :D if you go to a large pet shop you can get aviary panels ready made, 6x3ft for about £14 each.

11. grangepetcentre

grangepetcentre PetForums Junior

We have just started to make a 6' wide x 2' deep x 4' high hutch manufactured in 38mm x 38mm planed timber & 16 x 100mm TGV. These are not on our website at the moment but we sell these from our retail premises for £200.00 delivery would be £35.00 UK mainland. It is a big substantial hutch.
    Grange Pet Centre

Attached Files:

12. frags

frags PetForums VIP

not big enough for giants :001_tt2: kelly has continental giants ;)

13. Michelle666

Michelle666 PetForums Senior

My two girls live in this. It was painted on the outside, and used to have lovely turf. It is now a mass of mud and holes where they enjoy have a little dig. Thankfully OH used meshing two feet under the ground and fixed it to the sides, so nothing can get in or out!

Its 7ft x 10ft and they love it!

[​IMG]

14. frags

frags PetForums VIP

michelle thats lovely, how big is it?

15. Michelle666

Thanks

Its 7ft X 10ft, they also have a metal run which I attatch on nice days. I open the dog and have it around the front!

16. kellyrich

kellyrich PetForums VIP

Thats great Michelle, something like that would be ideal!

p.s hows the little puppy anyway? :D

17. Michelle666

Shes the devil child! LOL

Last night Myself and Chris had a touch of food poisoning and were up from 1am being ill. Sadie decided it was time to get up and barked and howled the house down till 4am. OH had to get up at 5am for work...he was not happy and neither am I!

Just hope things change very soon!

18. kellyrich

kellyrich PetForums VIP

Oh god thats not good!! Nawty Sadie!

Hope you are both feeling better!

19. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

Now this is more like it! Brilliant! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice