UK Pet Forums Forum banner
681 - 700 of 4,923 Posts
Discussion starter · #682 ·
Well, he does long distance triathlon and windsurfing....so most of the time it’s Lycra, neoprene or half naked! Sorry, I will try to make sure he has clothes on in future Oscar photos :)

Reactions: Clairabella
Discussion starter · #685 · (Edited)
Okay, so husband gone on usual early Friday morning bike ride (see, Lycra again) and Oscar came to sit on the bed. Except he came and snuggled right night to me, up near my hip, not at the bottom of the bed. I’m not even hormonal but it made my eyes a bit leaky. Of course it didn’t last long before he started shouting for brekkie but still :)

He’s decided he doesn’t much like shredded chicken - currently anyway - he’s definitely all about the fishy when it comes to elevenses/afternoon tea. He ate the shrimps and the sauce from the chicken and shrimp yesterday and left the rest. Another pound wasted...! Whoever is my secret Santa recipient might find themselves with some canagan at this rate.

I’m off on annual leave now, going to be busy but might squeeze in a bit of time to just sit and look at Oscar. Time spent with cats is never wasted, right?

Discussion starter · #687 ·
@Whompingwillow I don't want to hijack Claire's thread, so I'll ask you here if I may. When your beautiful Mojo has pilchards in tomato sauce, how much do you give him and does he have it mashed with the tomato sauce too? I ask as I often have tinned mackerel in tomato sauce (my current addiction, Lidl ones are the best!) and Oscar often comes looking, I guess it's a strong smell. I haven't given him any as yet (and maybe not mackerel but pilchards instead is better for cats?), all advice appreciated :)

@Whompingwillow I don't want to hijack Claire's thread, so I'll ask you here if I may. When your beautiful Mojo has pilchards in tomato sauce, how much do you give him and does he have it mashed with the tomato sauce too? I ask as I often have tinned mackerel in tomato sauce (my current addiction, Lidl ones are the best!) and Oscar often comes looking, I guess it's a strong smell. I haven't given him any as yet (and maybe not mackerel but pilchards instead is better for cats?), all advice appreciated :)
This is by the by but there's a few cat foods that are mackerel based. Both Thrive and Applaws have mackerel and sardine I think, so assume mackerel must be ok?

Discussion starter · #689 ·
Ah that’s true, yes, thanks for the reminder, I think Oscar had an encore pouch of tuna and mackerel once and scoffed it. I think he takes after his human mother with his love of stinky tinned fish and gravy ;) not at the same time...

I split the small can in about 2 or 3 but he has a strong stomach and was eating it at his breeders before coming to me. Saffi, separate to her allergies couldn't handle that much as her stomach is sensitive whereas Mojo, touch wood! Can. So I guess it's cat depending? He has never had a bad tummy and doesn't need slow introductions to new foods either. I would give a teaspoon to saffi on the other hand, to start with. I hope that's a helpful response

Discussion starter · #692 ·
Thanks @Whompingwillow - I might give him a little treat next week when I'm around all day (just in case of the vom!). I keep thinking he's got a delicate tummy but I do sometimes think it's more to do with the speed he eats. It seems to be better since we started doing starter and main course for dinner and supper - or he's figured out yet another way to wrap me around his little paws :)

Discussion starter · #693 ·
(oh and I had a horrible dream this morning, husband came to me and said he'd found two piles of worms in the litter tray. It felt so real that I asked him about it when I woke up and he thought I was daft. I am obviously worried that Oscar didn't swallow his milbemax)

Discussion starter · #694 · (Edited)
Gah! Opened Cheshire Cat pouch (smells rank!), no thank you human mother. Gave a tiny bit of Schmussy, almost immediately regurgitated with three blades of grass and hair. Dammit.

That's it. I give up. He can have Whiskas and Felix, with treats of encore fishy pouches. I don't want to make him sick. I am sure he will regurgitate those occasionally too but I am done. I'm over it. Cats have lived for years on Whiskas and Felix and been perfectly fine. He looked so sad when he was sick, I gave him some love, cleared it up and then he went out of the cat flap himself! So he knows full well how to use it, I just didn't realise a pile of vom cleared up in the hallway near it would be what he needed to make him use it.

Of course, I'll change my mind in a few days but for now I'm done. I don't want to make his life miserable and he really only likes Whiskas and Felix, so that is what he will have. I'm really REALLY annoyed with myself as he'd gone ages without a regurgitation (and that was after Canagan).

Discussion starter · #695 ·
Well, another new thing this morning. Two really as Oscar didn’t come and jump on the bed until 6:30! A lie in! Then when he was having his usual morning rub of his cheeks and gums along human daddy’s finger, he did a totally different purr than normal. Usually his purr is quite deep pitched but this morning it was higher and combined with a bit of his “braaap”...I wonder what he’s trying to tell us? We do talk a lot to him, so he chats back. He seems well and is sat outside in a sunbeam, so I’m not worried but he’s such a funny boy.

Have a good day everyone :)

He’s telling you how very happy he is of course and that cheek rub thing his human daddy does is the best ❤

You’re an amazing human mother. He’s a very lucky boy xxx

Hope you enjoy your annual leave Mrs F xxx

Discussion starter · #699 · (Edited)
Plant Building Property Sky Tree
Well then, I'm away and missing my boys like mad. Husband says Oscar woke him up at 4.00 going for a wee and then telling him (as he usually does but not 4am normally!), he called him upstairs and he then settled on the bed. Now he's done his usual "eat a few bites of brekkie, go for a garden stroll and then come in and eat some more brekkie" morning thing. I am desperate to come home but can't yet. Not until after lunch as my mum has already done lunch for today, so I can't not stay. Wish I'd said I was going early but then I wouldn't have even been here 24 hours ;)

Home to the fur ball later but I won't smell right, so straight in the bath with me!

View attachment 368649 Well then, I'm away and missing my boys like mad. Husband says Oscar woke him up at 4.00 going for a wee and then telling him (as he usually does but not 4am normally!), he called him upstairs and he then settled on the bed. Now he's done his usual "eat a few bites of brekkie, go for a garden stroll and then come in and eat some more brekkie" morning thing. I am desperate to come home but can't yet. Not until after lunch as my mum has already done lunch for today, so I can't not stay. Wish I'd said I was going early but then I wouldn't have even been here 24 hours ;)

Home to the fur ball later but I won't smell right, so straight in the bath with me!
I'm so glad I'm not alone in feeling this way! I've been looking after my dad's fluff balls this weekend, my first time away from Joey. Hubby says he hasn't eaten too much, and has been very cuddly with him even coming for morning snuggles! He always comes to me for morning snuggles so hubby feels left out. I'm glad he's gone to him rather than not bothering!!!

I'm setting off shortly and then it's straight in the shower for me too when I get there LOL!

681 - 700 of 4,923 Posts