UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

4461 - 4478 of 4478 Posts

·
Human mother to Oscar
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,461 ·
Oh my goodness! We had the most lovely present through the post earlier from @Bertie'sMum three beautiful Carltonware pin dishes after HD broke one the other day. I'm so grateful, really I am, and they will be so treasured.

Here is Oscar with one of his new dishes (I love this one! I've never seen a lettuce pin dish before) :)

Cat Vertebrate Comfort Felidae Carnivore
Eye Vertebrate Cat Felidae Carnivore

Oh and a bonus photo for you just because it made me laugh :)

Cat Sky Carnivore Felidae Whiskers

·
Human mother to Oscar
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,465 ·
Hello everyone, I’m just popping a little update as we are just back from Oscar’s visit to see Annette the Vet.

Firstly, the look on her face when she saw him was a picture - she’s so delighted with his skin after all that nightmare we had. We will carry on as we are with his medications.

We were both allowed in the consulting room but I left when the nurse came in to do his bloods, as it’s too many people. I thought it would be nice for HD to be with Oscar for a change instead of me. She will email me with his results. He has had his thyroid levels and fructosamine taken again - I am more inclined to think thyroid just from his behaviour. We will see.

We told Annette about his funny turn yesterday. She said it could be atypical seizures, or an arrhythmia which caused him to go like that. We are just to monitor it for now, which she knows we will.

He really needed a wee! I thought he was going to do one in the corner but he didn’t - didn’t wee in the car on the way home either, thank goodness :)

She always says what a good boy he is with her - and he really is. She strokes him a lot and he lets her, which is cute.

I’ll update when I get the results…for now just another £185 bill :)

·
Obedient Cat Slave
5,348 Posts
Hello everyone, I’m just popping a little update as we are just back from Oscar’s visit to see Annette the Vet.

Firstly, the look on her face when she saw him was a picture - she’s so delighted with his skin after all that nightmare we had. We will carry on as we are with his medications.

We were both allowed in the consulting room but I left when the nurse came in to do his bloods, as it’s too many people. I thought it would be nice for HD to be with Oscar for a change instead of me. She will email me with his results. He has had his thyroid levels and fructosamine taken again - I am more inclined to think thyroid just from his behaviour. We will see.

We told Annette about his funny turn yesterday. She said it could be atypical seizures, or an arrhythmia which caused him to go like that. We are just to monitor it for now, which she knows we will.

He really needed a wee! I thought he was going to do one in the corner but he didn’t - didn’t wee in the car on the way home either, thank goodness :)

She always says what a good boy he is with her - and he really is. She strokes him a lot and he lets her, which is cute.

I’ll update when I get the results…for now just another £185 bill :)

Liked for the good news - NOT the bill !

·
Cat Chat Friend
20,573 Posts
Glad all seemed well and fingers crossed that nothing has changed with him.
Huck occasionally has a wobble in his back legs (usually after being asleep) and one can give way but I honestly think it’s his age. Hope it’s the same for my gorgeous nephew xx

·
Human mother to Oscar
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,469 ·
Well Annette has emailed us the results already - his TTT4 is back within the normal (it was 39, increased from the 20 previously, so needed a little eye to be kept) at 29. His fructosamine is normal too. The creatinine is a bit lower but probably due to muscle wastage, as he’s so skinny around his back end now. I forget he’s 15 sometimes and these things will happen.

I’m so so pleased for him that we don’t need to give him even more medications - I was dreading thyroid meds because I know they can cause issues for cardiac and liver systems and the boy already has those to contend with!

He is under the bed looking a bit disgruntled. Can’t blame him really.

·
Registered
9,516 Posts
He's remarkable for his age. And considering all he's been through and is so accepting of it, he really is a very special boy.
We all love you Oscar Woo 😘

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Well Annette has emailed us the results already - his TTT4 is back within the normal (it was 39, increased from the 20 previously, so needed a little eye to be kept) at 29. His fructosamine is normal too. The creatinine is a bit lower but probably due to muscle wastage, as he’s so skinny around his back end now. I forget he’s 15 sometimes and these things will happen.

I’m so so pleased for him that we don’t need to give him even more medications - I was dreading thyroid meds because I know they can cause issues for cardiac and liver systems and the boy already has those to contend with!

He is under the bed looking a bit disgruntled. Can’t blame him really.
Wonderful news! I hope he’s got over his disgruntledness by now! He’s such a lucky boy to have found you.

·
Human mother to Oscar
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,478 ·
So I’ve been putting his full results into our spreadsheet (I know - but let’s be honest, you’d expect nothing else from me, would you?) and the fall in his creatinine levels since we started having bloods done (we did the first set in summer 2018, as a “geriatric panel”) is startling. I know it’s most likely because he’s dropped weight and his muscle mass is much lower but goodness me. Then I have to remember that he is 15 and his muscle mass, particularly when he has a liver condition too, is going to be much less. I think he will end up having bloods for thyroid again, it’s just under the “grey area” result - but it does talk about liver disease and elderly. I also have to remind myself that normal is normal. There’s a range for a reason! I say it all the time at work.

On the plus side, when I went to collect his Rivaroxoban the price was the same as when I got it the first time, or possibly even slightly cheaper. So that’s good - “only” £109 for four months, including the private Rx.

He’s such a funny boy. He’s definitely slower in the last few weeks…until he has to do something quickly like when he rain indoors when it was petting down on Monday! He was across the lawn in a flash :) I love to see him run, though not too much as it’s probably not good for his poorly ticker! He needs a pedicure, so that might be a job for the weekend I think. He can’t retract his claws so well now, so a trim is in order.

4461 - 4478 of 4478 Posts