UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

4441 - 4460 of 4478 Posts

·
Registered
9,516 Posts
Fingers crossed that they suit him and don't have any side effects.
Apart from trouble halving, did he take it ok?
Hope you have an easy week at work xx

·
Registered
9,516 Posts
Oh goodness, be is such a good boy for you. I wonder if he just accepts it's all for his own good, or just knows there's no point in struggling.
I really struggle to give Misty half a milbemax and end up with us both being stressed. And I've definitely put her off cream cheese, sigh!
Next time she's due you can pop over in your time traveller and show me how;).

Reactions: Mrs Funkin

·
Registered
12,108 Posts
Yes, they are teeny though. I was hoping the fact they are film coated would make it easier but it didn't. I think quartering the clopidogrel was worse though, on balance :)
I've found with teeny tiny pills it's much easier to use a very sharp fruit/vegetable peeler. Hold the pill steady between thumb and index finger, place knife on pill and apply downward pressure. Gives a more accurate split of the pill:)

·
Human mother to Oscar
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,449 ·
So I've not updated on our boy in around a month.

We are sort of ticking along but we've had a few episodes of grass eating and liquid vom with the grass blades. He does love grass, he eats it every day but we've not had a vom in a long time until recently. I suspect he always has a low level nausea due to his liver issue. Of course, I also don't know if it's because of the new medication. He's off his food the last couple of days so I wonder if we have a little hairball brewing - but on the plus side he's not lost any more weight, which is good. When I think how much he used to weigh it makes me sad.

The little boy seems to be enjoying sleeping in the white room again at the moment. I got this when I was at work yesterday.

Hopefully whatever is going on with him will be sorted soon. Fingers crossed.

Comfort Pillow Rectangle Wood Aqua

·
Human mother to Oscar
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,450 ·
Small boy has been having a few bits of meat the last few days. He has had roast chicken on Sunday and Monday, then he had chicken thigh on Tuesday, then lamb chop last night…and tonight it was venison :) His favourite has been the lamb chop I think, he wolfed that!

Is it ready yet, Human Mother?

Glasses Cat Wood Carnivore Felidae

Mmmm, let's have a sniff….

Food Tableware Recipe Felidae Ingredient

Go on then, I'll have a try.

Food Tableware Cat Plate Cat food

Not bad. Ta.

Cat Eye Door Felidae Carnivore

(I'm glad I took a photo as human Daddy dropped the bowl and it's smashed :( )

·
Registered
9,516 Posts
Oh dear, I hope Oscar will eat from other bowls too. Lovely to hear he has widened his food choices. Long may it continue.

Reactions: Mrs Funkin

·
Human mother to Oscar
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,457 ·
He's had a really good couple of days, which is lovely. I do revel in the days when he will eat and seems quite happy with what I offer him :)

It's funny, in the lounge he sits next to me and not HD but in bed he likes to sit on HD not me - not sure he could get any closer to his Human Daddy! I wonder what goes through his head sometimes...besides that he loves HD.

Hand Cat Picture frame Organ Ear

4441 - 4460 of 4478 Posts