Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Oscar's Diary

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by abba1772, Nov 6, 2012.

1. abba1772

abba1772 PetForums Newbie

Hello i'm new to this site :thumbup:

we have a brand new puppy in our household, kids have named him Oscar :biggrin: he's a Collie and we got him on Sunday..........he's settling in well this is the first pet me and my fiancee have got together, me and the kids already have two guinea pigs called Taz and Popcorn.

was told to put paper down for Oscar so if he gets caught short he's got somewhere to go which 9 times out of ten he will go to but I can't get him to go to the toliet outside at all :confused: all he does is whimper when we take him out, i'm even picking him up when i see hes about to go to toliet and taking him outside but no hes refusing to go just now.

Registered him at a vet today so just waiting for a appointment for his second jabs and to get him wormed :) can't wait to get him out properly when we are allowed.

any hints or tips would be appreciated for the toilet training as last time i had a dog i was 3 and he passed away when i was 21 :eek:: so i'm fairly new to the toliet training but i'm reading plenty of hints on here :biggrin:

2. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

Welcome to the Forum :)

Can you only use newspaper outside. Every hour - every time after eating / drinking / sleeping take him outside to the paper ;)

He seems to be associating the newspaper with toileting - It would be much easier to not let toileting int he house be acceptable at all from the beggining. Think about it your sending him mixed messages atm.

I would just rely on taking him outside at every oppertunity and praise praise praise when he does perform.

Best of luck :)

3. abba1772

sorry was following the advice of the lady who we bought him off.

We have been out every hour on the hour and ...........................................he's done his first pee outside :thumbup1: so he got plenty of praise now to get him to have a poo outside..........i took one of the newspapers where he did his business and rubbed on the grass outside so took him down to the bit where his scent was and hey presto :)

so chuffed with him xxx

4. astara

astara PetForums Senior

i agreed with milliepoochie that how toilet train my 2 from the beginning :)
    keep up the good work constancey is the key he will soon pick it up collies are very intellence:biggrin: good luck with ur pup pics pls:thumbup1:

5. abba1772

piccie on avatar :)

well another success for today picked my son up from school stood outside for 15 minutes with him he started whining then he pooed :thumbup1::biggrin::thumbup1::biggrin: woo hoo xx

6. abba1772

well last night was amazing i'm a proud mummy as Oscar went tot the toliet everytime we took him outside last night.

during the night he did a couple of pees on his paper as he sleeps in the kitchen but at least it was on his paper, he was not for doing a poo outside this morning but with a little patience we got there in the end :D

so will continue what i'm doing so far, he had his jags yesterday so one week and i can take him out for little walks outside xx

i'm very impressed on well he has settled in here, i put a little hot water bottle under his covers in his bed last night and he slept from 10pm til 7.30am, didn't even do a pee til he saw his daddy this morning....think was down to excitement lol xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice