Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Oscar tried to swim - and failed (again)

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Nonnie, May 14, 2010.

1. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

A few of you (mumof5 ;)) may remember Oscar tried to swim across a pond last and pretty much sank.

Well today he saw some ducks, did a death defying leap off a 9ft high embankment, then hurled himself in a deep body of water. Then had a bit of a panic when he realised he couldnt swim. He tried to scramble up the bank the other side but it was too steep.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He eventually floundered his way out..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. rona

rona Guest

Oh and you just stood there and photographed him :eek6:

3. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

:lol::lol::lol:
    Poor boy - do you think he'll ever learn?

4. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I did :D

It wasnt that big an area of water and, and he's able to sort himself out.

Had he been unable to touch the bottom id have been down there like a shot, but i could so it was a matter of him figuring out what he needed to do. It wasnt as bad as last time when he kept going under.

5. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

Aww poor boy. It's good that he has the right attitude though:)

6. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

With him its a matter of letting him get on with things, as long as he isnt in any major danger.
    When i moved he panicked more, so i just talked to him and once he had stopped to think about things he was able to turn around and move the few feet into shallow water.

7. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

Aww bless him. He needs my springers to show him how its done lol

8. dodigna

dodigna PetForums VIP

JEEZ! You have nerves of steel lady! :eek:
    And I guess that is why Oscar copes so well on three legs! Good on you for letting him cope!
    Now don't be a mean mum and sice he clearly likes water so much you go get him that lifejacket he has been asking for! No reason he souldn't swim even with just 3 legs :D

I heard of a perfectly qualified three legged lifeguard dog in Italy, not a stafford obviously, still!

9. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

This is only the second time in his life that he's tried to swim ( i dont think this time was intentional though); he normally only goes in up to his chest. If he makes a habit of it, i think ill have to get him a lifejacket.

The ducks were just too much for him i think. The first thing he did when he got out was to try and track them down. He didnt even bother shaking.

Tbh, the amount of stupid things he's done, im surprised he's not dead yet.

10. Kinski

Kinski PetForums VIP

:lol: Poor lad. My sisters bridge baby Celeste used to love the water, sis got her a life jacket to help keep her afloat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    She also loved to go ''snorkling'', she would put her head under the water and all you could see were bubbles coming up around her. Spud her son would just go in for a wee paddle.

Terri

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice