Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Opinions Wanted

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by MorganTheJaffy, Aug 12, 2009.

1. MorganTheJaffy

MorganTheJaffy PetForums Newbie

I have been speaking to other dog owners asking their opinions on letting your dog in the garden before it vaccines.

My garden is fully fenced off and has not had another dog in it for over a decade.

Do you think it would be safe for Morgan to go out into the garden supervised ?

2. staceydawlz

staceydawlz PetForums VIP

i let my pup out when i was trying to house train and that was from 8 weeks old but only in my garden

3. sammyben

sammyben Guest

We let our pup out in the garden til he was fully vaccinated. x

4. mindymoo

mindymoo PetForums Member

If you dont let him out in the garden where is he gonna pee and poop??

If its fenced off dont worry bout it :)

5. barneythore

barneythore PetForums Senior

ive always let mine out on the garden as long as its fenced off

6. Guinevere13

Guinevere13 PetForums VIP

Agree with all the above - we have always had our pups out in the garden before vaccinations with no problems. :)

7. ChucksMom

ChucksMom PetForums Newbie

Do you have many dogs near by?
    Should not be a problem however please keep in mind that Parvo and other illnesses can be airborn. Do you have a large Parvo or other airborn pathogen problems in your area? If not ---don't worry about it but absolutly not anywhere there are dog contacts.
    Make sure you have your dog on the proper nutritional diet and after 3 months you may look into a well rounded supplement. They need it just as much as, or more, than we do. Their commercial food does not provide them with allof the essential nutrients they need.This will give your pup the extra edge to fight off any buggers that are flying around and will keep Morgan very healthy for a long time to come.

8. shazalhasa

shazalhasa PetForums VIP

I've always let my puppies go in the garden before being vaccinated as it's totally private and no other dogs can get in. I don't leave them unattended however, when they are in the garden, I'm in the garden and watch them carefully as they may decide to chew something that they shouldn't or wander behind the wheelie bin and get stuck :p

9. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

It's perfectly fine :) I did it with my girl.

10. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Mine went out n the garden before they were vaccinated.

Plus *SHOCK HORROR* i even put Oscar on the ground outside of my house before he has his jabs. He even met other dogs before he was vaccinated :eek:

11. My vet said it was perfectly ok to do this.

12. Colsy

Colsy Banned

All my puppies went in the garden as soon as i bought them home.
    I have a number of dogs and they seem to teach the new ones the toilet patrol.

13. MorganTheJaffy

MorganTheJaffy PetForums Newbie

Thanks for your opinions!

Morgan may get to explore soon :)

14. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

Please bear in mind of lung worm. Puppies are very curious and if they come across a slug and think oooo i might lick or eat that, there is a chance they can get lung worm, this can be fatal, my friends pup died, very slowly and painfully of this disease, she had no idea he had even picked this up and she lives in a flat with a balcony, slugs can climb up walls too.

15. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

We live on the very edge of a park. I had no qualms about letting her into the garden.

If we hadn't we would have missed some of the best "action" shots of a fluffy puppy chasing and prancing on some leaves that were falling from the trees :D

16. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

my pups been in the garden since 6.5weeks of age. she just got her first jag today. she is watched like a hawk whilst outside though.

17. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

Mine were out in the garden from day 1 for house training as long as its only your dogs out there or vaccinated dogs its fine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice