Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Opinions please....

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by NicolaC, Aug 15, 2009.

1. NicolaC

NicolaC PetForums Junior

Firstly congratulations to Ruth and Poppy!

Fizz is on day 65 today, which I believe would be her due date? For the past week she has kept me guessing with odd behaviours suggesting she will labour any time. Well today, she hasn't eaten much at all (nothing since breakfast I think) and has slept most of the day away and I keep finding her under my duvet! Kittens are still moving but not nearly sas much and appear to be lying more on her under side (if that makes sense). Her milk has been in for a week.

Earlier today I noticed a tiny bit vaginal discharge but nothing since, and as she is sleeping mainly ther is no evidence of her cleaning herself much, although she does seem to struggle to get 'down there' poor soul. She is very quiet.

Do you think we could be in the home strtch now (next 24 hours) or is she likely to go another 5 days? I don't think I can take it though, lol

Nic x

2. NicolaC

NicolaC PetForums Junior

She is still very quiet, has been down stairs in lounge for about an hour now but still not eaten more than a couple of bites :confused:

Fingers crossed! I've got a bday card to make, I'll bet Fizz starts labour when my craft box comes out, lol

3. Anwen

Anwen PetForums Junior

In the absence of an expert:

I'd say it sounds like the birth is imminent, but it's common for cats to go 3 days over or under and the first stage of labour can last for 48 hours (experts, correct me here if i'm talking boll**ks, but I think that's what I read) So for now I'd keep a watchful eye on her and make sure you've everything you'll need for the birth (although I bet you've had that ready for weeks! :D).

Awww, good luck, keep us updated, I'm so excited for you!!

xxx

4. NicolaC

NicolaC PetForums Junior

Thankyou,

I've just popped upstairs to check on her and couldn't see her anywhere, until I popped my head round my son's bedroom door............ argh!!! She is snuggled into an old duvet in my 2 year olds bedroom, not ideal but I don't really want to disturb her! lol

Will report back in the morning.

5. ruthmcnally

ruthmcnally PetForums Member

Poppy did exactly the same i had to go round and close all the doors, so she had a limited space.

x

6. NicolaC

NicolaC PetForums Junior

I'm sure Fizz is laughing at me!! Still nothing yet, she was quite restless overnight and has had a pouch of meat this morning......... ?I'm sure she went to the same school as Poppy, lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice